Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Dunkeld

Default Dunkeld

Here are a couple of Dunkelds that I tied, one on a black Partridge patriot double and one on a gold Fulling Mill double. I think the black hook suits this fly best
    tfgf5209[1]-jpg
    Last edited by Fergal1975; 29-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Crackers fergal I also prefer the darker hook on mine

_20180311_124013-jpg

Arnold

I went through a bit of a fad with silver and gold hooks a few years ago but I just prefer a proper black hook now, which are becoming more difficult to find with more producers making 'black nickel' hooks, which I'm not fond of. I see green and red hooks being released by Partridge but I shall stay away from those.

Cracking tying chaps!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I went through a bit of a fad with silver and gold hooks a few years ago but I just prefer a proper black hook now, which are becoming more difficult to find with more producers making 'black nickel' hooks, which I'm not fond of. I see green and red hooks being released by Partridge but I shall stay away from those.

Cracking tying chaps!
    I've seen the partridge hooks jockiescott and In my opinion they look hideous