Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  126
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

More please?

This was just becoming interesting then dried up......

I'm currently drawing on bits of wood and getting splinters in my hands working out my little station (wood so far has cost well less than my 5 target!).
    Very amateur- ish pics of efforts will follow shortly.
    Also have to say a visit to the local shop has seen various plaggy box's and draws purchased and being utilised(for not a lot of brass either!) for bits n bobs and tubes and stuff which have made a huge difference to the neat n tidy appearance.I've also cheated slightly in that I still utilise my old Bob Church flee tying case for storage of some items.
    Bucktails and capes now reside in big organiser box's and she who must be obeyed had the bright idea of utilising old lap top cases, cd cases and such like for other gear.All starting to gel now.So far it's been more effort than cost, which pleases!.
    The old PC desk is central to it all(I think it was an Argos item when we bought it for No. 2 son!) and if memory serves it wasn't that heavy on cost, but is functionally effective.Ikea was the place for the magnifier light on an adjustable boom, again reasonable, with a second bedside light to compliment.
    While I'm working on the tidy, I'm trying to figure out a solution for holding tubes while the varnished heads dry off, couple of idea's there to explore.At the moment thats old expanded polystyrene packaging materials which is handy, but only has a limited shelf life.That will probably revolve round straightened paper clips some how!.I got 20 of those neat little circuit testing clips for absolute peanuts from an Electrical shop, even cheaper than t'interweb!, which will hold flee's and they'll be an integral part of the tidy too.
    Slow but sure is the way at the moment, an evolving process!.
    Currently it's Tea and Hob Knobs time, then back to it.
    Pedro.'

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a solution for holding tubes while the varnished heads dry off, couple of idea's there to explore.At the moment thats old expanded polystyrene packaging materials which is handy, but only has a limited shelf life.That will probably revolve round straightened paper clips some how!.I got 20 of those neat little circuit testing clips for absolute peanuts from an Electrical shop, even cheaper than t'interweb!, which will hold flee's and they'll be an integral part of the tidy too.
    Pedro.'
    Just put your paper clip, I use a selection of different size needles, into the fly clip and push on the tube.

img_0833-jpg
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Damn, you rumbled me Gary, thats where I was settling towards, that or either trimming the polystyrene blocks, glueing them into a frame of sorts and just pushing paper clips into it, for a free standing item!.
    It'll all be nowt special, yet still functional and practical.
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    More please?

This was just becoming interesting then dried up......
    Will this do ?

36a808a1-e6a0-4510-8577-69905b05cee0-jpeg

061ffdd0-fff0-494f-926b-0a8047cfd4ba-jpeg

5147e622-de29-4806-9530-2d3c3ef48136-jpeg

bcae12e9-c5a1-47a6-a27c-d6e045e16a15-jpeg

118b66a0-3f74-4f53-8d4a-62b0340cbd34-jpeg

cb504d75-046f-4134-85e0-3b05a84a780f-jpeg

My little room.
    Finding stuff is the problem.

Billy,

I don't doubt you may have things you've forgotten somewhere in there

All so beautifully neat, tidy and organised! Then there's me...

img_20191123_103954-jpg
    Last edited by Jockiescott; 16-12-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    All so beautifully neat, tidy and organised! Then there's me...

img_20191123_103954-jpg
    Jockiescott, aren't you at all worried all them gurt big Spiders in the window will run off with your lovingy tied creations and try to eat them?
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Jockiescott, aren't you at all worried all them gurt big Spiders in the window will run off with your lovingy tied creations and try to eat them?
    Pedro.
    I think they eat the bugs that try to eat my capes and stuff!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Jockiescott that's brilliant.

I think I now know why you're not posting flies in January and February now, or is there a space heater hiding out of sight?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast