Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12

Default Sorted - Background / reflected light when tying

Finally got my toys ready to go so thought I'd share a small tip...

I've got a small dual purpose writing bureau/tying station which, unless I move it into the conservatory, I sometimes struggle with decent lighting.

I purchased a very handy desk light a while back, great light and several modes, but still wanted something larger than a sight board to reflect some light back towards the vice when tying ...so...out with the laminator - a couple of A3 sheets and these handy little items here:

imag4978_1-1-jpg

Think they were around 1.86 each , so bought a few to hold the sheets...

imag4985-jpg
    imag4987-2-jpg

Decent amount of back lighting now, very portable too , as sometimes I move to dining room table (to not be completely antisocial...lol) and set up/down in seconds.

Hardly ground breaking I know ....but might help someone

Cheers

Cb
    Last edited by Clydebuilt; 11-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.

I've have just seen this thread.

A great idea and setup you have there for not a lot of money.

I really must get something better set up for taking fly pictures. My phone camera really struggles with artificial light and it's too wet and windy today to take any pictures of flies outside. I had to get my camera out today to take the photo for TOTM. My studio consisted of a piece of black card with the fly sitting on top of a tin of air rifle pellets!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I've have just seen this thread.

A great idea and setup you have there for not a lot of money.

I really must get something better set up for taking fly pictures. My phone camera really struggles with artificial light and it's too wet and windy today to take any pictures of flies outside. I had to get my camera out today to take the photo for TOTM. My studio consisted of a piece of black card with the fly sitting on top of a tin of air rifle pellets!
    Jockiescott, I think it's worth to try a small photo tent for making fly pictures. It's 7-8 pounds from ebuy. Some time ago I got it for myself, also make pictures with my phone camera and was struggling before to get a decent light.

Feel your pain Jockie , taking pics of flies is like a black art..
    I tried similar to what Andrzej suggested with a light box but even with that I struggle
    I'm back to "one in the hand at the window" unless its sunny outside