Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  9
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Foxford, Co.Mayo, Ireland
    Posts
    2,558

    Default Original T&S Pot Belly Pig article

    I was wondering if there's anyone out there with a scan of the first article in Trout & Salmon magazine about Pot Belly Pig salmon flies? It featured three patterns I believe. I once had a scan of it but cannot locate it now. Perhaps it is available in the tying section of this site somewhere.

    Would be great if anyone can provide a link or scan.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

  2. #2

    Default

    I probably have the original article somewhere. Do you know the year/month? If so I can see if I can dig it out, scan and email it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I probably have the original article somewhere. Do you know the year/month? If so I can see if I can dig it out, scan and email it.
    According to Google, October 2001. Hope that helps.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbonboy View Post
    According to Google, October 2001. Hope that helps.
    Up to the attic then!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Foxford, Co.Mayo, Ireland
    Posts
    2,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Up to the attic then!
    Only if you're going up anyway to check on the home brew.

    Its not urgent.
    Last edited by minitube; 13-03-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    2,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitube View Post
    I was wondering if there's anyone out there with a scan of the first article in Trout & Salmon magazine about Pot Belly Pig salmon flies? It featured three patterns I believe. I once had a scan of it but cannot locate it now. Perhaps it is available in the tying section of this site somewhere.

    Would be great if anyone can provide a link or scan.
    Are these links any use??
    Original Pot Bellied Pig


    No cause they no longer work oh well.
    Last edited by Piker20; 13-03-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

  7. #7

    Default

    As luck would have it, had them on my phone
    Hope this helps

    pbp1-jpg
    pbp2-jpg
    pbp4_2-jpg
    pbp3-jpg
    pbp4_1-jpg

    Cheers
    Cb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Foxford, Co.Mayo, Ireland
    Posts
    2,558

    Default

    Thank you Clydebuilt, that's the article. Its good to see that again, to see what the originals look like once more. Many thanks.
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitube View Post
    Thank you Clydebuilt, that's the article. Its good to see that again, to see what the originals look like once more. Many thanks.
    No probs at all, I have always particularly like the brown pattern , there is just something about it.
    I must make a concerted effort & tie some up , only been saying that since 2001.....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •