Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  63
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March Fly Swap

img_0197-jpg

This will be my contribution. A Chartreuse Cascade, tied on a Size 8 Patriot.

Tag: Fluo Chartreuse floss
    Tail: Orange and Chartreuse bucktail
    Body: Peacock Mylar and black flatbraid
    Rib: Oval silver
    Wing: Black squirrel with one strand of Chartreuse Mirage on each side
    Hackles: Chartreuse (I think it may be fluoro) and orange
    Last edited by charlieH; Yesterday at 04:47 PM.

Those are stunning CharlieH!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post
    Ok so that's 1 extra fly.
    When is the closing date Wormo?
    last week in march will.be fine I think
    we pass this way but once ............

Quote Originally Posted by wormo View Post
    last week in march will.be fine I think
    I'll still be rushing to get them finished!!!

I go to the vice fully intending to tie swap flies. I then think of something I've seen on the forum and try a version of it instead.

I still only have one fly finished but have tailed, bodied and varnished another 7. If I even could get the tails and bodies finished but I'm more likely to try a version of gwelsher's cascade pigs than what I'm meant to be doing. Is it any wonder I never tried to sell flies!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different , I'll also send a few extra fly's to add into the charity box 👍🏻

dsc_0769-jpg
    Last edited by Lamson v10; Yesterday at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I'll still be rushing to get them finished!!!

I go to the vice fully intending to tie swap flies. I then think of something I've seen on the forum and try a version of it instead.

I still only have one fly finished but have tailed, bodied and varnished another 7. If I even could get the tails and bodies finished but I'm more likely to try a version of gwelsher's cascade pigs than what I'm meant to be doing. Is it any wonder I never tried to sell flies!!!
    Blinking hell 1 finished and 7 started, I haven't even started as I've been been too busy mucking out the pigs.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different ,
    If you change your mind I'll have the discards
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by charlieH View Post
    This will be my contribution. A Chartreuse Cascade, tied on a Size 8 Patriot.
    For a Cascade avoider that's a fine flee
    Regards Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different , I'll also send a few extra fly's to add into the charity box 👍🏻

dsc_0769-jpg
    that's a beauty,what's your black wing , I've been searching for a black wing material for a long time that im really happy with but as yet still looking, went off fox squirrel as I preferred amore mobile material , rabbit looked ok but was quite short and compressed easily , tried shadow and marble fox but still not quite right
    we pass this way but once ............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123