Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  63
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: March Fly Swap

  1. #21

    Default

    img_0197-jpg

    This will be my contribution. A Chartreuse Cascade, tied on a Size 8 Patriot.

    Tag: Fluo Chartreuse floss
    Tail: Orange and Chartreuse bucktail
    Body: Peacock Mylar and black flatbraid
    Rib: Oval silver
    Wing: Black squirrel with one strand of Chartreuse Mirage on each side
    Hackles: Chartreuse (I think it may be fluoro) and orange
    Last edited by charlieH; Yesterday at 04:47 PM.

  2. #22

    Default

    Those are stunning CharlieH!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    stirling
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post
    Ok so that's 1 extra fly.
    When is the closing date Wormo?
    last week in march will.be fine I think
    we pass this way but once ............

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wormo View Post
    last week in march will.be fine I think
    I'll still be rushing to get them finished!!!

    I go to the vice fully intending to tie swap flies. I then think of something I've seen on the forum and try a version of it instead.

    I still only have one fly finished but have tailed, bodied and varnished another 7. If I even could get the tails and bodies finished but I'm more likely to try a version of gwelsher's cascade pigs than what I'm meant to be doing. Is it any wonder I never tried to sell flies!!!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

  5. #25

    Default

    I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different , I'll also send a few extra fly's to add into the charity box 👍🏻

    dsc_0769-jpg
    Last edited by Lamson v10; Yesterday at 06:30 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    I'll still be rushing to get them finished!!!

    I go to the vice fully intending to tie swap flies. I then think of something I've seen on the forum and try a version of it instead.

    I still only have one fly finished but have tailed, bodied and varnished another 7. If I even could get the tails and bodies finished but I'm more likely to try a version of gwelsher's cascade pigs than what I'm meant to be doing. Is it any wonder I never tried to sell flies!!!
    Blinking hell 1 finished and 7 started, I haven't even started as I've been been too busy mucking out the pigs.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different ,
    If you change your mind I'll have the discards
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlieH View Post
    This will be my contribution. A Chartreuse Cascade, tied on a Size 8 Patriot.
    For a Cascade avoider that's a fine flee
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    stirling
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I've done a few standard one's at the moment but like jockiescott I'll probably change my mind and do something different , I'll also send a few extra fly's to add into the charity box 👍🏻

    dsc_0769-jpg
    that's a beauty,what's your black wing , I've been searching for a black wing material for a long time that im really happy with but as yet still looking, went off fox squirrel as I preferred amore mobile material , rabbit looked ok but was quite short and compressed easily , tried shadow and marble fox but still not quite right
    we pass this way but once ............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •