Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap Catches

Default Swap Catches

By popular demand, please use this Thread to tell us of fish caught / battles lost with flies you have received from any of the past or future Fly Swaps on the Forum.

Reports, pictures and details of where fish are caught (rivers / beats), water levels, time of year, etc., it all helps build up a picture of what patterns of flies from these great Fly Swaps are catching fish.

It would assist greatly for those wanting to see the fly to include a picture of the fly, and more importantly, the name of the originator and fly and month of the Fly Swap for ease of reference, in order those who may wish to tie some for themselves can contact / PM the tier for details.

It doesn't have to be an epilogue, even a post with details such as "7lbr caught at Newtyle with the Red Shrimp from January's Swap - thanks Davie ", would suffice.

As time rolls on, I suspect this thread will become as popular as the Fly Swaps themselves, providing us all with a great resource of "catching patterns" for different rivers / seasons etc.

Tight Lines,

Altmor.

Default Some success

OK it was only a Kelt but it felt like a springer and gave me a rush. Caught and released on Monday last at Delphi, Co. Mayo, on the fly tied in the bottom left of the group picture of flies from December's Fly Swap. Can the tyer come forward?!

Hollywood.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 13-04-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Brilliant Hollywood, a bend in the rod is a bend in the rod, as they say. Can't lay claim to being the tier of the bottom left (Dec Fly Swap), so come on, who ever it was, step up and admit it, who tied the fly that helped Hollywood catch recently. .

Just checked, it's no a bad flee, indeed .

Altmor.

Thumbs up

Fin perfect what a cracking brace

I'm happy with your post as it is Hollywood, never tier of looking at what we all dream of .

Altmor.

A BIG thankyou to mbh for the fly he tied for the February swap, it accounted for four of my cracking bag of twelve Dee sea-trout last Saturday night.

Here it is.

My advice? If you even only think there are sea-trout in the offing, stick it on (if you were lucky enough to be included in the swap ).
    Last edited by crispin; 31-05-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Well done Crispin, and thanks for your report elsewhere. I did say small black, silver, yellow and someone else said a bit of blue

It's good this forum

Ade

Ade, you wanted to know if the flies you so kindly tied and posted to me would work in Norway. Well, they do.

I fished for a couple of hours this afternoon on a friend's beat of the Forra which is close to Trondheim Airport (and a main tributary of the Stjørdal), while I waited for Sinktip to fly in.

A run of grilse had come into the river this morning but try as I may with all sorts of flies, big and small, bright and dark I couldn't elicit any interest....that is until I tried Ade's June swap creation which I had promised to field test for him.

Two minutes after changing to the micro-turbo cone I connected with a small but high spirited grilse.

Not exactly what I travel to Norway for, but a fish is a fish. Good on ya buddy, thanks!

Nicely done, Crispin

Thanks for the feedback

Ade

Congrats Crispin - and nice underwater shot!

And congrats to Ade - those flies looked great when you showed them to me - leave me your fly box whilst you are golfing....I'll give 'em a good swim for you.

Cheers,

Patrick

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast