Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  50
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Swap Catches

Quote Originally Posted by Strathglass View Post

Another good catch was a chunky fish around 8 or 9lb taken on Aboyne Castle on one of Ade's Gledswood Shrimps.
    Great stuff Neill, glad the Gledswood worked for you

Ade

2 sea liced Tyne springers of 16 and 18lb on Docs shrimp tube from Feb 2011.

TL
    "Go easy...step tight...stay free".

Get the pics up Neil they're cracking fish well done great to hear the fly works

Default March Fly Swap Success

Hollywoods' Jazzy Sunray from the March Swap accounted for what has definitely been my smallest "salmon/grilse" to date over the weekend. (I also caught a bridge with Fly Toms Mr Pink but as i didn't land it I guess it doesn't count!).

The fish was estimated at a very generous 1lb (with the hook and fly in) and TBH if it wasn't for the presence of an experienced gillie I would have said sea trout.
    Regardless it was a silvery tourist success for a swap fly hence the post.

Fished the Derg late yesterday evening in very low water, but managed a fish on BB's foxford shrimp from a 2010 fly swap. If your there BB maybe you could let me know the exact tying again.

Fish boiled at the fly first time over, 2nd tine with a fast figure of eight, it nailed it, 5lb and a great scrap on a 10 foot!

http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/fo...ad19321-8.html
    "Nothing makes a fish bigger, than almost being caught"

A big thank you to the fly swaps and in particular forum member GWelsher for his 2nd contribution to the October 2012 swap:

I have just opened my 2013 account with the above fly!

A nice wee plump fresh fish of about 5lb.

Thanks again to all involved in the swaps and in particular to GWelsher on this occasion!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    A big thank you to the fly swaps and in particular forum member GWelsher for his 2nd contribution to the October 2012 swap:

Thanks again to all involved in the swaps and in particular to GWelsher on this occasion!
    Well done Richard. I'm glad somebody can catch on my flies
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quote Originally Posted by gwelsher View Post
    Well done Richard. I'm glad somebody can catch on my flies
    I've just remembered that the last 2 of last season were got on your flies too!

The fish in my river do seem to be partial to the creations of Mr Welsher!!!
    Last edited by Jockiescott; 24-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

As mentioned else where I had a good fish yesterday. What wasn't mentioned I'd that it was caught on one of the flies from an earlier swap. Pete's Bann Special mini cone head was the fly that did the damage and as can be seen from the picture its a cracker.

I am not sure who tied this fly, but I am pretty sure I got it from a swap. It is now a firm favourite. Despite appearing quite simple, I have been unable to replicate it to my satisfaction.

I grew up around the Upper Bann, a Lough Neagh tributary. With that in mind I probably should have caught my first Dollaghan before this season, however I never targeted them. I started to fish for them this year and had my first Dolly to this fly and lost another on the same evening.

When I find out who tied it, I will thank them personally, until then thanks
    What to do? Stay green.
    Never mind the machine,
    Whose fuel is human souls
    Live large, man, and dream small.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast