Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Default Lightweight Wading Boots

Iíve got a couple of trips abroad next year which involves flights, so I need to keep the baggage weight as low as I can. One of the trips involves a bit of walking (Greenland) so need some wading boots with a vibram sole. At the minute Iím looking at the Simms flyweight or the Orvis super light, but if thereís something else out there that isnít Simms prices but up to the job, Iíd be interested. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Have a look at the simms vapour boots.. I've been using them for the past few seasons cracking boots with the vibram sole and lightweight

Arnold

Just got a pair of simms flyweight and they are seriously light and v comfortable, replaced a pair of vapour boots which were also good but worn out now.

I went with the Simms flyweight as well, probably only going to be worn for trips away, but as you say really light and very, very comfortable

For the last ten years i have been using Simms Flats Sneakers - very lightweight, with flexible soles which really helps with balancing on rocks. I wear them for both river and sea fishing.

The first pair lasted eight years.

Both times i got them in online sales for about £70.

I put 15 supatracks 3000B studs in each sole and find they stick to rocks like limpets, stay in longer than the dearer hardbites by simms and grip better. Have used them for years now.

Mine will have to stay stud free, the guide in BC doesnít allow studded boots in his boat😩

I bought a pair of boot covers from amazon called MyShoeCovers Premium for the rubber boats on the kola £20 worked a treat the points didn't come through, got a pair for keirstream as well.

They look a great idea, might just have to invest in a pair👍

Get the XL size, they're good if you have to go back in the lodge with your boots on, keeps the gaff clean