Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I liken wading boots to car tyres. I greaves me to have to buy them but I can't drive my car without them..... budgets are a false economy and I wouldn't even consider part worn.

Good heads up on an alternative though !!

I had to find a pair of rubber soles boots for an Alaska trip this summer (both felt and studs are banned at the lodge).

I took my waders into town and ended up with a pair of size 12 (!) boots from Regatta for 35. My other wading boots are size 10.

They were excellent and extremely comfortable. Admittedly it was easy wading. One of the guides was so impressed with them that he actually asked me to leave them with him at the end of the week.

Has anyone tried divers hard soled dry suit boots? I came across these Warmers Hard Soled Dry Suit Boots | JUST APEKS 4th Element's Online Store whilst looking for something else, only 29 but very limited sizes. Others available here Scubapro Heavy Duty Drysuit Diving Boots

I have a pair of these...4 years on and they need replacing...just

Scierra Ipac Studded Felt Sole Wading Boots – Glasgow Angling Centre
    Last edited by dave_n; 23-10-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_n View Post
    I have a pair of these...4 years on and they need replacing...just

Scierra Ipac Studded Felt Sole Wading Boots Glasgow Angling Centre
    Had those many moons ago and they weren't a bad boot at all. Did a couple of seasons of hard fishing. Mind you they weren't 20 back then, I think they were 60.

Given up on cheaper wading boots though. I'm just about to end season two in Simms Freestone felts and they are hardly showing any sign of wear and that's me fishing a minimum of two times a week from the start of the season until the end. Fantastically well built piece of kit and still cheaper than many boots out there.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12