Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barnes, London and Langland Bay, Gower, South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Most of my fishing is done on one of my club waters.It involves me putting the miles in and I don't fish short sessions because of the distance involved.
    I'm currently using an Airflo Outlander pack, lets me take all the gear I need + food n drink for the day.I've allways had a bit of an issue with the front flybox pockets being very very intrusive, but so far coped.However Friday noticed the constant rubbing on the sleeves of my jacket has holed it.So I'm looking for a re placement bag waistcoat whatever.
    Now I've a whychwood flo rite pack as yet not used, but shying away from ruck sack type packs for the straps rubbing on the sleeves, tried a waistcoat but the back pocket was never big enough for food+ drink,esp. a flask for Tea,nor at times secure enough and deffo. not waterproof for butties etc.
    Also I'd be looking to not hole another jacket(my current old G3 is quite aged now so it is at its life end, but don't want to wreck my new one).
    Any thoughts any one?,whats a waist pack like, big enough?
    Pedro.
    I’ve just got an Orvis waterproof pack as a present for my walk in from the plane to the camp site when I go to Kodiak Island in a month’s time and then as a day pack. I looked at various alternatives but the Orvis was the best fitted out. Outrageous price though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Never thought about that N. Got my old 6 leg whicker basket at my mums, or if I took a modern turn could use my current Milo box system, complete with platform/foot plate and bait waiter stations. Have to pay a lackey of sorts to carry the damn thing though!
    P.
    Would need to be insulated to keep those pork pies hot
    Morphfly

Indeed it is N pies hot in winter, beer cool in summer.
    P.

Well still absolutely no where near the Nirvana of the perfik pack/waistcoat/bag system.
    Now for quite some time during my addiction to fishing Videos of the large Scandinavian Salmon variety I've seen a number of anglers wearing a very simple very short abbreviated waistcoat type of system with a high mounted rear pocket.Looks the business and finally came across them to purchase.Now from the off they most certainly 'aint cheap!-thats an understatement, in fact they're hand made from Elk/Caribou/Reindeer or some other similar creature not naturally occurring in West Yorks. and the thick end of £300 when you take into account exchange rate and the bespoke nature of the system.But they do look the dog's as it were.
    Any way, tried the Whychwood flow pack this season(for the 1/2 doz. times there was water enough to fish in) and it was perfik size, cool pocket system, but irritating as hell to actually wear and I still see this particular solution as a long term jacket destroyer!.
    Any way, the nearer it gets to crimbo sales may well have to follow fashion and try a pack thingy,I'll have to cut down on the number of butties and their individual size and the family sized pack of mars bars that gets me through a days fishing, but lets see eh?.
    Pedro.

Airflo Outlander Vest Back Pack | GO Outdoors
    This any good to you Pedro.

Got one of those, a jacket wrecker unfortunately!,wore holes into both arms of my G3 jacket sleeves.
    P.

The compromise might be a harder wearing jacket.
    I use a brady type bag which will hold a flask and a couple of bits. I wear a gortex army jacket that will swallow up Wheatley boxes or a tube fly box if I need more flies than I can carry in the bag.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Hi rennie, I use my headwater tackle bag and a waist pack, when I arrive at the river I sort my tips nylon flies etc into my waist pack and pockets then leave my bag with the flask etc on the banking.

I've got a new G4 and I certainly don't want to put a hole in it with my wading staff strap rubbing on the shoulder, so I've thought about getting some soft materials maybe 1mm neoprene and covering the strap with that?

Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12