Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Anyone got Simms the Headwaters wading boots, and any problems with them.

Hi There.
    Iíve got a pair of the above boots only worn a couple of times.
    What I have noticed is the one boot fits perfectly and the other is fine in the foot, but seems to rub at the Achilles heel area so making it a little uncomfortable after continue wear.
    Do these boots have less padding than say the freestones at the heal, and should I think of a way to pad out the heal a little with a thicker sock.
    Or are there any issues with this Simms model of boot.
    Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
    Esk1.

It may not be the boots, many people's feet aren't perfectly symmetrical.

I take the same size shoe on each foot but when they were measured in a posh shoe shop I found my left foot was slightly longer but slightly slimmer than my right foot.

I some cases the differential is more marked.

Regards, Tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Esk1 View Post
    Hi There.
    Iíve got a pair of the above boots only worn a couple of times.
    What I have noticed is the one boot fits perfectly and the other is fine in the foot, but seems to rub at the Achilles heel area so making it a little uncomfortable after continue wear.
    Do these boots have less padding than say the freestones at the heal, and should I think of a way to pad out the heal a little with a thicker sock.
    Or are there any issues with this Simms model of boot.
    Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
    Esk1.
    ive for 3 pair of Simms boots and none of them fit me right, 1 pair are too tight at the toes, 1 pair the same as yours hurt at the heel on the right boot and the other pair kill my right ankle due to the twisty bit for tightening them.....so I guess it's my dodgy shaped feet.

i had a cheap pair of greys boots a few years ago that fitted perfect....had to throw them out as they weren't Simms🙄🙈.....thanks for reminding me though I need to find another pair for next week👍🏻
    Last edited by Johnnieboy; 05-06-2018 at 09:21 PM.

The Cobblers last thats used to make the boots is different for American feet than it is for European feet.You also need to look at your lacing arrangement!,the Boa type of boots are ok for symmetrical feet that fit the last, any difference in shape will result in an uncomfortable fit.
    I once had some Simms River Tech boots, great on dry land, but as soon as they were knee deep or deeper in water they were pure agony!.I'd taken the trouble to take my waders and socks to Sportsfish and get a proper fitted size and eventually went through two different pairs with no difference(sports fish were great about it all!).
    Sadly I have wide very fat high feet and have difficulty with normal foot wear in getting a fit, things such as wading boots I have to be very careful with.I do use Simms boots, but cant have the Boa type of system as I cant get them on at best and they wont lace effectively on my feet.
    Just on the off chance,I'd check the stocking foot on your wader, see thats ok, and I allways wear a quality sea boot sock between normal sock and wader, try that!.
    Good luck,Pedro.

Hi There.
    Thanks for all your comments, and you may be right about feet not being symmetrical.
    As thereís enough room in the boot I may try the thicker sock idea, as apart from some discomfort with continued wear they are a good boot.
    Otherwise I will use my back up pair of Freestones.
    The stocking foot appear good with no raised edges or creases.
    Thanks again useful and helpful comments as always.
    Esk1.