Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vision Ikon

Default Vision Ikon

Hi just a quick one, how long have any of you got out of a pair of Vision Ikons before they needed a seam seal etc ? Thanks

Iím 3 seasons hardwearing and still going strong without seamseal

5 years until the first visit to Diver Dave, now 11 seasons in total and still keeping the water out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
    Hi just a quick one, how long have any of you got out of a pair of Vision Ikons before they needed a seam seal etc ? Thanks
    I hope for 50 dry trips in West Country thickets. Fishing gentlemanly beats with strimmed and mown banks I would hope for at least 100 dry trips. I usually have several pairs on the go: one larger pair for boat fishing, one new or almost new for posh beats, one former posh pair for the West Country, one elderly and much DD'd pair for bank work. The boat ones seem to last almost indefinitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksfly-87 View Post
    Iím 3 seasons hardwearing and still going strong without seamseal
    That's good going

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    5 years until the first visit to Diver Dave, now 11 seasons in total and still keeping the water out.
    If got 5 years out of mine I'd be delighted ! :-)
    Would your waders resemble Trigers Brush now ?
    Last edited by skyhook; 17-12-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Mine have lasted three years but are just about due for retirement. The seams are fine but the fabric's pretty much worn through where they rub together so they're now waterproof thanks to copious quantities of Aquasure. I wear them quite a lot and three years is at least as long as any other waders I've owned have lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
    If got 5 years out of mine I'd be delighted ! :-)
    Would your waders resemble Trigers Brush now ?
    This pair is now used primarily for trout fishing, involving a lot of crawling about through vegetation and undignified bank entries and exits. It's fair to say they're not wholly breathable nowadays, especially in the well worn areas like the crutch, which can look somewhat embarrassing when disrobing at the end of a hot day. Nor do they look great externally - very well worn and discoloured.

My second pair of the new model Ikon Zip, is reserved for comparatively civilised salmon fishing and has done 3 seasons (including two 24/7 weeks in Norway). It doesn't yet need to go to Diver Dave.
    Last edited by MCXFisher; 17-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    This pair is now used primarily for trout fishing, involving a lot of crawling about through vegetation and undignified bank entries and exits. It's fair to say they're not wholly breathable nowadays, especially in the well worn areas like the crutch, which can look somewhat embarrassing when disrobing at the end of a hot day. Nor do they look great externally - very well worn and discoloured.

My second pair of the new model Ikon Zip, is reserved for comparatively civilised salmon fishing and has done 3 seasons (including two 24/7 weeks in Norway). It doesn't yet need to go to Diver Dave.
    Thanks Michael for the reply, I have a pair 1.5 years I was just wondering when a reserve should be brought in. Hopefully I get the same longevity your have managed.

Had my eye on the ikons for a while now as my snowbees are getting a bit ropey and i think ill retire them soon. I quite fancy the zip ones but if they dont last as long its not a massive issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast