Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Deveron Festival

Hi guys I am heading over for this festival in May to do a bit of show and tell with the SpeyCo reels. I have a few questions about the fishing in the second week of May. Fair to say I am very happy to be going, and I really hope to get an ocean running salmon.

What will the fishing be like at this time of the year?
    Will the water be still cold?
    When will the fresh salmon be coming in?
    Will the fish still be dropping back?
    Look forward to your thoughts.
    Thanks
    "When I was a kid the only online experience was a fish on it"
    Tim
    The Spey Company
    Hidden Content

What will the fishing be like at this time of the year? Subject to river levels and conditions. The locals/hosts will give you the best up-to-date advice.

Will the water be still cold? No. Hopefully floating lines with slow/inter tips. Unles the river is in spate of course.

When will the fresh salmon be coming in? They have started entering now. Won't reach thier peak til later in the year but fresh salmon will be around along with some good seatrout fishing as well. Arguably you could have excellent wild broWn trout fishing at this time as well - spoilt for choice

Will the fish still be dropping back? No.

Good luck and hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Eminem; 07-03-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Great thanks for the information. I know things can be up to mother nature :-0 It's the same thing here,, the fish do not have to be anywhere until they feel its time. Funny I think I have something to call "a pattern" then the next year it is different? I think thats why they call it fishing not catching.
    Cant wait to start packing ;-) is it May yet?
    Tim
    The Spey Company
    Hidden Content

Default Deveron Festival

Quote Originally Posted by speyco View Post
    Hi guys I am heading over for this festival in May to do a bit of show and tell with the SpeyCo reels. I have a few questions about the fishing in the second week of May. Fair to say I am very happy to be going, and I really hope to get an ocean running salmon.

What will the fishing be like at this time of the year?
    Will the water be still cold?
    When will the fresh salmon be coming in?
    Will the fish still be dropping back?
    Look forward to your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Provided there is a decent water level there is a modest chance of a salmon.The river is currently running at a good level and a few springers have been caught in the opening weeks. The Deveron is highly dependent on decent water levels and may can be quite a dry month. May often sees the start of the sea trout run which was quite good last year and low levels are OK for these fish. Brown trout fishing on the Deveron can also be good in May.
    Water should be starting to warm up unless we have late snowfall which is still possible in late April early May.
    Most kelts should have cleared the system by that time.
    Up to date river info and catch reports can be found on www.fishingthedeveron.co.uk

Thanks Deveron Mac. This trip is shaping up to be great and I really thank you for having this great event. For me it's really not all about fishing or showing the reels. I cant wait just to take a few days off !, and take in a bit of the culture.

I also wanted to add if anyone is interested in coming to the Great Lakes for a fishing trip. I will be more than happy to provide any ground support needed. ,,, and thanks for all the private emails! you guys are the best! I feel at home already!
    Tim
    The Spey Company
    Hidden Content