Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Springers in Ireland 🇮🇪?

Iím off to Dublin on a stag do this Friday (19th) but have booked my flights back the following Wednesday so I can get 2 or 2 1/2 days fishing in.

I'm Looking for salmon fishing up too £150 per day has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations on where best to target?

At the moment thinking Finn or erriff???

Any advice welcome

Water is scarce, maybe the Moy it's producing a few. Or even the Mourne, Finn is too low at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
    Water is scarce, maybe the Moy it's producing a few. Or even the Mourne, Finn is too low at the minute.
    Thanks, Iíll take a look at some Moy beats as well as Mourne ones!

If there is water (there wonít be if I book somewhere, but..) have you any suggestions on spring spate rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchG-D View Post
    Thanks, Iíll take a look at some Moy beats as well as Mourne ones!

If there is water (there wonít be if I book somewhere, but..) have you any suggestions on spring spate rivers?
    The Spring run will be tailng off now, but they will still be coming in with the odd early grilse. At this stage the Finn would be your best spate river and Drowes although not a spate river will fish with fresh water.

The Ridge Pool on the Moy fishes best in low water so that could be to your adavantage, you could get a day on the beat down on thw Cathedral Stretch which is coming into order. The only thing against you is end of the spring run and the strarting off the Grilse which is what the end of May early June is.