Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Default River Dee, summer fishing.

Hi guys, it's been a couple of years since I was last on here, jeez it's changed a bit😀, anyway , I'm thinking about a couple of days on the Dee next summer, June July sort of time, any beats jumping out I should look at?😎

Personally, I would avoid the lower river beats as in the past few years the fish have not been hanging around. Anywhere between Park and Headinch & Cambus O'May. Fishpal is now taking bookings for next season so I would start looking at what is available and what suits you needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee-Eck View Post
    Personally, I would avoid the lower river beats as in the past few years the fish have not been hanging around. Anywhere between Park and Headinch & Cambus O'May. Fishpal is now taking bookings for next season so I would start looking at what is available and what suits you needs.
    Hi WE

There was one lower rver beat that was stuffed with fish from late June onwards. Whether you could tempt them was a different kettle oh fish

I did manage 3 oh them on two different days though
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Hi WE

There was one lower rver beat that was stuffed with fish from late June onwards. Whether you could tempt them was a different kettle oh fish

I did manage 3 oh them on two different days though
    Yes, but that was you. I heard a rumour that you once caught a salmon on a wet pavement in Torrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee-Eck View Post
    Yes, but that was you. I heard a rumour that you once caught a salmon on a wet pavement in Torrie.
    Ssshhh - your not supposed to speak of that one...remember I was poaching at the time.

Didnae have my Torry Tart licence....(Torry Angling Rivers Ticket).
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

So I'm still looking, which bank on park? North or south?

Not been since the big floods a few years ago, but the North bank was the easier to fish I thought before that, I notice they have reduced the rods on either bank also, thinking of having a go some time this spring conditions permitting.

Cairnton , lovely water and smashing ghillie.

Cairnton for me too. Crathie worth a shout but slightly blighted by proximity to public roads and well known beauty spots.

10. Default Cambus O May

Try Cambus. Fished there for many years, in August and September. Classic fly water. Double bank, pools for all heights of water. Craig the ghillie is a joy and the surroundings and huts idyllic. You won't be disappointed.