Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: club waters.

[QUOTE=Rrrr;1002351]The northeast flycasting club looks great. May join next season to try and get a bit more consistency in my casting when banging long casts out and brush up on a few things like casting off my left shoulder to deal with the tyne downstream winds.

Blinking Heck Rrrr. Your just bragging now "banging out long casts" Banging out short casts would do me just now Joining North east fly casting club is definitely on the cards for me next year as well.

Mick

[QUOTE=Mickyo;1002357]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    The northeast flycasting club looks great. May join next season to try and get a bit more consistency in my casting when banging long casts out and brush up on a few things like casting off my left shoulder to deal with the tyne downstream winds.

Blinking Heck Rrrr. Your just bragging now "banging out long casts" Banging out short casts would do me just now Joining North east fly casting club is definitely on the cards for me next year as well.

Mick
    Haha my castings not pretty but it gets the fly out there. My castings average at best so what i call a big cast isnt anywhere near what my rod and line could do in the hands of a really good caster. As long as you are getting your fly in the water you have a chance of catching one and distance will start to come gradualy with timing and line speed increasing etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian rivers View Post
    I think Tyneside Anglers Syndicate have a couple of vacancies.
    Yes, Another good club to look at with some good waters. But as I write this my attention is being drawn to an advert with a lovely young lady with Blonde platted pigtails holding a salmon rod advertising Salmon fishing Holidays in Scotland and I'm just wondering why she's never on any of the waters I fish LOL

Later

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo View Post
    Having just started "Trying" to fish for Salmon and Sea Trout I need a club that has good waters to fish.
    The club looks very good. 1st impressions:- the venues/beats are outstanding. the website is very informative with lots of up to date info, with club members contributing on a regular basis to the website.
    It is certainly a club to keep in mind for the future. Thanks for your input stacon, much appreciated.

Thanks

Mick
    Mick, I can also recommend BADAC. Especially Vinovium pool for the night fishing. There is always a queue to fish but you won't find a better place to learn how to catch sea trout at night just by chatting to the guys before the start and watching how they fish.
    I don't remember ever fishing down that pool without a knock, splash or wrenching take. I landed one occasionally too. Don't get downhearted if you don't catch at first while everyone else is. Some of the guys down there have fished for decades and really know how to catch fish at night.
    Vinovium is popular because it is a great pool but also easy to fish. Gravel bank for about one hundred yards down which it's easy to navigate in the dark and not much behind you to catch your fly. Once you've cut your teeth there, look for similar pools elsewhere maybe not so accessible but you'll get them all to yourself and the fishing is still good.
    If you don't fancy night fishing, when there is water later in the year, you can catch salmon in pretty much every pool.
    If you like wild brown trout fishing, it's excellent water. I don't see the rises to big hatches of fly anymore but fish the streamy water down and across with a weighted nymph to get down below the parr, with a north country spider pattern on the dropper and you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Mick, I can also recommend BADAC. Especially Vinovium pool for the night fishing. There is always a queue to fish but you won't find a better place to learn how to catch sea trout at night just by chatting to the guys before the start and watching how they fish.
    I don't remember ever fishing down that pool without a knock, splash or wrenching take. I landed one occasionally too. Don't get downhearted if you don't catch at first while everyone else is. Some of the guys down there have fished for decades and really know how to catch fish at night.
    Vinovium is popular because it is a great pool but also easy to fish. Gravel bank for about one hundred yards down which it's easy to navigate in the dark and not much behind you to catch your fly. Once you've cut your teeth there, look for similar pools elsewhere maybe not so accessible but you'll get them all to yourself and the fishing is still good.
    If you don't fancy night fishing, when there is water later in the year, you can catch salmon in pretty much every pool.
    If you like wild brown trout fishing, it's excellent water. I don't see the rises to big hatches of fly anymore but fish the streamy water down and across with a weighted nymph to get down below the parr, with a north country spider pattern on the dropper and you can't go wrong.
    I looked at BADAC and it looks a really good club with some nice looking waters and beats. their website looks good with lots of info on. Its great when you get feedback as to the different clubs and their beats. Its certainly a club with lots to offer. Are you a member there yourself?
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    Did you get out tonight? Did you catch any?

Thanks

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo View Post
    I looked at BADAC and it looks a really good club with some nice looking waters and beats. their website looks good with lots of info on. Its great when you get feedback as to the different clubs and their beats. Its certainly a club with lots to offer. Are you a member there yourself?
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    Did you get out tonight? Did you catch any?

Thanks

Mick
    Hi Mick,
    I'm not a member now but have been on and off for over 30 years.
    I fish Willington now which is also a good club with very good accessible water. Willington is the water in between the two main stretches of BADAC at Bishop and page bank. Also TAS as they have good water below Durham and lots further afield so I can extend the salmon season to earlier in the year on the Eden, Border Esk, Tyne and Tweed tribs.
    I managed an hour last night, caught a lovely brownie about 1lb but nothing else. Heard of several good fish caught yesterday. My son didn't catch which he says is conclusive proof I'm his jinx. BTW, if he'd landed the salmon two days ago it would have been both his biggest sea trout and biggest salmon so far on his first lone fishing trip so I can see his point!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12