Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cambusmore on the teith

Anyone have info on the cambsmore beat on the teith for the 2017 season
    Is there fishing to let?
    Is it day tickets ? or are season tickets available? and how is it been fishing this year

Thank in advance mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike mcghie View Post
    Anyone have info on the cambsmore beat on the teith for the 2017 season
    Is there fishing to let?
    Is it day tickets ? or are season tickets available? and how is it been fishing this year

Thank in advance mike
    Last I heard seasons were let by Managed Estates Stirling. There are also day tickets. Hasn't been fishing well for a good few seasons now and I know plenty anglers who gave season permits up after barren seasons. Single Hander on here would be a good bet to contact. He might actually still have a permit.
    Lovely place to fish, it used to be outstanding.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Thanks

Contact managed estates in Stirling for info on the beat and they will inform you of the different rods available, the rotational rod gives you a crack at all the beats each month or you can specify which beat you want, beat 2 and beat 3 considered the best beats. All the beats in my opinion are a pleasure to fish however there is some dodgy wading at certain heights in a few pools but most pools you can fish from the bank when water is up.

Good access to all the beats With car through padlocked gates and all have a small hut on each beat, there is a keeper covers the beats and will keep you right regarding where to fish at what height, look in the books in the hut and see the previous fish caught details and then reference the maps which you will be provided with.

Plenty of water to fish on each beat and even in peak times You end up fishing pools to yourself. Spinning only allowed above 1 foot. There is a chance of sea trout after dark when they start running but I do not target these myself.

As you probably already know the forth system is not getting the runs it once was and as a result the fishing has been poor last few seasons but like all anglers we live in hope each spring that this year will be good. Seals in the lower river and forth now so this is not good.

If honest I would say I still really enjoy fishing the Teith but instead of spending all day fishing it I now spend half days and a few hours here and there as the fish are just not there in numbers any more and find I lose faith as I know what it should be like when water levels are good at back end.

Good luck
    Last edited by Single Hander; 24-10-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for the info

Mike

mid Wales, just over the Shropshire border

I fished Cambusmore once on the Teith over a decade ago in March I can't remember which beat but the lower pools were in woodland with lovely sandstone bedrock and lies.... singing nuns on the top part of the beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    I fished Cambusmore once on the Teith over a decade ago in March I can't remember which beat but the lower pools were in woodland with lovely sandstone bedrock and lies.... singing nuns on the top part of the beat.
    Wonderful reference, Sister Maria fishing the Damhead or did you mean Whoopi Goldberg?.
    Beat 2 is the one you were on , bottom pools include the Torrie just above the falls. This was a lovely pool for the fly amid stunning and peaceful surroundings.
    Just wish it were anywhere back near to it's best, you would struggle to even get on the waiting list.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Default Impressive Paddy ... Paddy the Lab

A gang of us shot Cambusmore for a week in 1989 when Alistair Pauley was the keeper. It gave "maurading" a new meaning.
    I saw, one evening flighting duck on that river, a performance by a lab called Paddy which remains unequalled to this day. He sat, almost having a fag, while duck after duck fell into a jungle on the opposite side of the heavy river. At the end of shooting he crossed the river time after time in the dark until he had retrieved 17 duck. He did this without instruction and once all duck had been recovered, though how he knew that remains a mystery, he sat down for another fag. Happy, happy days though almost 30 years ago now.
    Last edited by JACK POWER; 24-10-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JACK POWER View Post
    At the end of shooting he crossed the river time after time in the dark until he had retrieved 17 duck. He did this without instruction and once all duck had been recovered, though how he knew that remains a mystery, he sat down for another fag. Happy, happy days though almost 30 years ago now.
    No ducks now Jack, the cormorants have eaten them all.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    No ducks now Jack, the cormorants have eaten them all.
    The avian problem on the river now is in my opinion one of the biggest issues which needs addressed by the board . How many smolts and parr are taken by these birds each year ? We know there is issues at sea but I feel there should be an active policy by the board of keeping the numbers down.

I know licenses need to be applied for but has the board applied for these recently or has the board monitored the numbers of cormorants and mergansers and gooseanders now resident on the system.

If I owned rights to a river system and felt the birds were a problem then I would be pushing the board for a licence to kill some.

Does anyone know if the board feels this is an issue and they are looking into it or the board think they have data from surveys which show enough smolts are getting to sea.

As the Council are one of the biggest levy payers on the system , does the council feel there is an issue with avian predation and if so has it been discussed at board level. I know there was issues regarding council representation on the board , is there a council Rep on the board and if so is there any feedback regarding avian predation.

Sorry if I am going over old issues but I am still seeing these birds in ever increasing numbers each time I walk a section or fish a part of the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast