Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Default Trondheim Area 2020

Just to have it started ;-)

No significant snowdepth yet, but it has been rather cold for a couple of weeks. Should give a few feet of frost in the ground, which is good for both animals and the snowcover when the snow arrives.

Nearly all long time forecasts tell of an unusually mild winter, but we will see what happens.

The spawning is over now, and from what I hear the spawning count has been OK in both Gaula and Orkla. The run into the rivers was on the low side this year. But many of the fish were 3 sw fish, and very low rivers for weeks gave a low fishing pressure. And this combination of more big fish than avg and lower fishing pressure than in an avg year boosted the remaining spawning stock.
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 11-11-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Well I enjoyed my week on the Gaula so much, I have booked again for next year, this time the first week in July. I'm excited already, there should be enough water and fish by then, without the stress of worrying if the had passed the Gaulafosse when I had my week in mid-June ( it was Ok ).

Already booked a week at the end of June on the Orkla for 2020 and making plans for what I hope is another enjoyable week with my 4 Swedish friends.
    Last edited by bassfly; 13-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJF View Post
    Well I enjoyed my week on the Gaula so much, I have booked again for next year, this time the first week in July. I'm excited already, there should be enough water and fish by then, without the stress of worrying if the had passed the Gaulafosse when I had my week in mid-June ( it was Ok ).
    Last 2 years I’ve fished Winsnes in week 28 & we’ve had no water.
    Last year was the lowest water they’ve had for 88yrs.
    This year wasn’t much better.
    Still got fish but hard going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading again in 2020 after 2 years of landing with the river closed on both years. Going the first week in July this year as opposed to the end of July first few days of August. Have flights and accommodation booked again and hope to get in a day on the Orkla, seeing it’s proximity and having fished in, albeit by necessity rather than design in the past 2 years. Fingers crossed that in 2020 I will actually wet a line on the Gaula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to Kregnes on the Gaula for the first time next year. We are going week 26 so third week in June. Really looking forward to it, hope there are a few fish about.

Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post
    Heading to Kregnes on the Gaula for the first time next year. We are going week 26 so third week in June. Really looking forward to it, hope there are a few fish about.
    Nice beat and there should be fish to be caught! Tight lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldalen View Post
    Nice beat and there should be fish to be caught! Tight lines!
    Don't know anything about the beat and I can't find much on the internet either, do you have any links?

To my knowledge, there is no special website for the beat. It has been leased for ages to the same person, who then sells available weeks/days to potential takers. When I fished it, there were a maximum of six weekly rods and one or two season rods on specific days. The catches from 2019 were 117 (average weight 5,5kgs), and the five years average is around 150-
    Here is a link with some pictures from 2007, taken at the end of the season and rather low water:
    Kregnes felleseie - Laksefiske - Fiskersiden / Hooked
    G.