Thanks Thanks:  68
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Trondheim area 2019

We currently have a good Level of snow, and more snow is forecasted this week. We already have enough snow reserves in the
    Mountains for a good "flush out" druring the spring flood. Whenever that comes.

The spawning-/redd- Counts for Orkla, Gaula and Stjørdal were unusually good this Autumn by the way.

Still more than 3 months to go - good we have Scotland for some spring Fishing !

Ursus

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus Nautilus View Post
    We currently have a good Level of snow, and more snow is forecasted this week. We already have enough snow reserves in the
    Mountains for a good "flush out" druring the spring flood. Whenever that comes.

The spawning-/redd- Counts for Orkla, Gaula and Stjørdal were unusually good this Autumn by the way.

Still more than 3 months to go - good we have Scotland for some spring Fishing !

Ursus
    Hi good news about the redd counts. I am very much looking forward to fishing the Orkla in the summer and visiting Trondheim . Hopefully there will be a bit of water

Hi Ursus I was wondering if you could give me some advice on places you would recommend to go for a meal in Trondheim . We are staying in the town on our first and last night but are hoping to visit as much of the place as possible . Thanks Stu

Just got more expensive!!

Visit Trondheim - English - Front page

Quote Originally Posted by woodcockandsewin View Post
    Just got more expensive!!

Visit Trondheim - English - Front page
    Pot noodle it is then

Default Dining in Trondhei,

Stu, that really depends on what you are looking for and what You are willing to pay.

In general, the old wharf is the most "lively" part in summer and in warm weather especially.

For light meals, Søstrene Karlsen is a good alternative. Cowsea serves both burgers and sushi - or a good combination. While Una is my preferred italian/pizza restaurant down there.

I also recommen a walk in the old wooden building district of "Bakklandet", whick also have some small restaurants and coffeshops. the Bakklandet Skydssstation" is my firm favourite there.

reserving tables might be needed in general , especially in good weather.

ursus
    Last edited by Ursus Nautilus; 03-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Default snow update

the last half of feb was unnaturally warm, like most of northern Europe. Strange weather.

Most of the snow in lower areas just vaporized in the heat. and quite a lot of it in areas up to 1.000 m asl as swell. last few days has brought more snow, but the reserves are on the low side now.

anyway, a few days of north/west in march or april can change that rapidly ...

Stu, that really depends on what you are looking for and what You are willing to pay.

In general, the old wharf is the most "lively" part in summer and in warm weather especially.

For light meals, Søstrene Karlsen is a good alternative. Cowsea serves both burgers and sushi - or a good combination. While Una is my preferred italian/pizza restaurant down there.

I also recommen a walk in the old wooden building district of "Bakklandet", whick also have some small restaurants and coffeshops. the Bakklandet Skydssstation" is my firm favourite there.

reserving tables might be needed in general , especially in good weather.

ursus
    Thanks that is very useful information. Una sounds perfect .

the last half of feb was unnaturally warm, like most of northern Europe. Strange weather.

Most of the snow in lower areas just vaporized in the heat. and quite a lot of it in areas up to 1.000 m asl as swell. last few days has brought more snow, but the reserves are on the low side now.

anyway, a few days of north/west in march or april can change that rapidly ...
    Hi Ursus thanks for the update . All information is much appreciated. I will keep my fingers crossed . Do keep the updates coming when you can . Thanks Stu

not much to report. mild days cold nights now. lower snow reserves than avg.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast