Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  146
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: River Wear 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    Always sad to see is that but what majority of the fish in the Pic's were actually migratory
    Iím not sure as it was a friend who had sent me these. He did however say there was literally thousands all over on the floor, some 30yards away from the river bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beefly Dave View Post
    Could be. Then again, worst flood I remember up the dale was at the end of Jan 1995 - took out the foot bridge at Brotherlee as mentioned earlier as well as the road bridge at Eastgate. The 98 count was respectable while the one from 99 was the best ever recorded by the Fram Dam counter. Quite how that works I'm not sure. The EA reckoned there were barely any fry after storm Desmond and (correctly) predicted this year's run would be poor and reckon next year's will be too as a consequence. No idea why the same thing didn't happen with the bigger flood in 95 but for whatever reason it didn't.
    Possibly due to the large loss at sea nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    Iím not sure as it was a friend who had sent me these. He did however say there was literally thousands all over on the floor, some 30yards away from the river bank.

vast majority of those in the photo look like Minnow and stickleback. Still sad to see, but part of nature - weaker swimming species don't cope well with floods generally.

This is my fishing rod!.
    There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Without me,my rod is useless!.
    Without my rod,i am useless!.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    Aye looks like itís going to be another big one!

Just been up on waldridge fell for a couple of hours and theres still a ton of ground water running off, alot of the tracks are like streams still.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It looks as though it's starting to drop further up on the gauges. Looking at the below webcam just shows you how much it's came up! mental

River Wear WebCam | Durham Amateur Rowing Club

Hi, everyone was just wondering if any of you had tried riffle hitch flies or bombers on the wear as was wanting to try something different for the coming season cheers

I've not tried either Tony. Will be interesting to see the responses of the people that have..

Quote Originally Posted by tony w View Post
    Hi, everyone was just wondering if any of you had tried riffle hitch flies or bombers on the wear as was wanting to try something different for the coming season cheers
    Not for salmon, but I know Walleye on here uses surfaces lures at night for sea trout with a lot of success.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast