Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: River Wear 2020

There's a pool a couple hundred yards below the weir at CLS on their club water which I reckon is the best chance of a spring salmon. Talking with an angler there a few years ago it really surprised me how early and how many spring salmon are caught there.
    Wear is a decent spring river in the lower beats. The weir at CLS holds many back as I think it is a thermal barrier in the early season then late April/May is often dry.
    Probably the next best bet will be the free stretch.

As others have said, if more people fish the likely spots then more people will catch. As others have said, if the knowledge is lost and not passed on then it will be even harder to catch early fish.

Just putting a link to the list of clubs I posted last year. Again, any corrections, additions, updates much appreciated.

River wear 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    There's a pool a couple hundred yards below the weir at CLS on their club water which I reckon is the best chance of a spring salmon. Talking with an angler there a few years ago it really surprised me how early and how many spring salmon are caught there.
    Wear is a decent spring river in the lower beats. The weir at CLS holds many back as I think it is a thermal barrier in the early season then late April/May is often dry.
    Probably the next best bet will be the free stretch.

As others have said, if more people fish the likely spots then more people will catch. As others have said, if the knowledge is lost and not passed on then it will be even harder to catch early fish.
    Sounds similar to where the first fish is caught on the coquet most years but the weir on the wear is on alot smaller scale, the fish tend to come in on the front of the tide and hold up below the dam, if you are there at the same time as the fish they dont seem to be fussy when tide fresh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123