Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: River Wear 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    What rod you got Chris? Come on spill the beans lad.
    I've reserved a Loop Cross S1, getting it at the end of the month once I'm home from work. Can't wait Good price for them at them moment on the outlet store.

Great stuff Chris. I hope you have good season using it.

That's my other excuse Chris, a brand new guideline switch outfit to get used to 👍😊

As usual i will be out on opening day, conditions permitting.
    Be glad to dust the cobwebs off and do some fishing as i,v done nowt since last season apart from make lures and tie flies.
    Lets see what this coming season brings,hopefully at least more water than the past five.
    This is my fishing rod!.
    There are many like it but this one is mine.
    Without me,my rod is useless!.
    Without my rod,i am useless!.

Default Earliest wear salmon?

Out of curiosity, what is the earliest date any member has had a fresh Wear springer or seatrout?
    Last edited by Stoatstail1967; 14-01-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    Great stuff Chris. I hope you have good season using it.
    Thanks mate, I hope so too

Quote Originally Posted by Stoatstail1967 View Post
    That's my other excuse Chris, a brand new guideline switch outfit to get used to 👍😊
    I'm like a big kid ha I honestly can't wait to get it setup and more importantly throwing a line out on the river.

Out of curiosity, what is the earliest date any member has had a fresh Wear springer or seatrout?
    My earliest Salmon was the last week in Feb.
    The Seatrout usually start around late April,early May.With some good ones early season.That big one i had a few years back was on the 13th of may.
    This is my fishing rod!.

Since I only started fishing the Wear in July last year I haven't got any early fish to report.
    My earliest seatrout was the end of April from the river lune. This was a very early fish for the lune.

Earliest salmon was May day Bank Holiday from the South Tyne at Alston.

Since I only started fishing the Wear in July last year I haven't got any early fish to report.
    My earliest seatrout was the end of April from the river lune. This was a very early fish for the lune.

Earliest salmon was May day Bank Holiday from the South Tyne at Alston.
    Many anglers think there are no springers in the Wear.But very few try for them.If more anglers fished early season ,more would be caught.
    Many anglers don,t bother fishing for salmon till the 16th of June when they can keep them.
    This is my fishing rod!.

It's the same where I live on the river eden.
    The population truely believe that salmon don't reach us until October... Why do they think the entire run stops below us and wait for the calendar to reach a specific date?
    The reality is that I personally know of salmon caught as early as May and as early as February anecdotally.
    The real reason they aren't caught is because they are no longer fished for and all the old knowledge of the traditional lies died two generations ago.
    A second reason they aren't caught is everyone is chasing trout with light tackle and if they happen to have a take they get smashed up and never even realise they had a salmon in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12