Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
Many thanks for the post.

A couple of points on the graphs/data they provided you based on a quick eyeball.

1. I think it is likely (based on other data from other rivers) that things deteriorated significantly since 2012: that was a very wet year, and the ones that followed were drier and hence concentrations of nasties were likely worse (they certainly were on my local river). I'd rather see also how the other ammonia and N species and P behaves over time too before drawing too many conclusions. Seems to be some "undersampling" evident in the data but again you'd need the complete dataset to tell for sure (i.e. an FOI for the full dataset).

2. Summer DO levels can appear worrying, which again would be an issue wrt other chems and high temps and low water conditions.

3. They say they've not done stat analysis but some things are obvious. Most obvious is the indication that this decade was colder than the last (not something the IPCC would like to admit to but hey ho)... Peak water temps over 15 degrees C were more common in the early nougties, likewise winter temps were mainly well above 5 degrees C. but later on is close to it.

But of course the Tees water temperature may be nothing to do with the climate...
Thanks Seeking, I was planning on messaging you today for you to have a look ha! beat me to it

I can request more information, but they've now changed how they communicate and it will now take 2 months to answer So i'll try and combine a few questions before I send it.

Great in put as always.