Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  745
Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Ribble 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ray b View Post
    Thanks karl.that is helpfull.fingers crossed for tomorrow as it looks like they have not all run up top end of the river .
    I'm hoping the same but not expecting seeing much tomorrow Ribble 2019

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    I'm hoping the same but not expecting seeing much tomorrow Ribble 2019

I don't let it bother me seeing fish on the Ribble, I haven't seen a salmon show for 2 months apart from the fish I've hooked. I know it gives you more confidence knowing there's fish about. I find that the fish that do usually show are fish that have been spooked off their lies, while fishing for them.

Salmon fished for the first time in over 3 years on Sunday.

The big rod, heavy sink tip and tube fly felt very strange compared to my normal 5 wt trout rod !

Started at a spot where I have had fish before in high water.

10 minutes in and everything pulled tight. After a fairly short fight, I unhooked a 7 lb hen in the margins, shot off back into the pool with great vigour.

Things were then fairly quiet until the last couple of hours when quite a few trout started taking including a decent one which did a very good impression of a salmon take in a spot where I have had a salmon before.

Next time everything pulled properly tight though and a decent fish thrashed the surface to a foam. Again a fairly short fight saw a 10 lb hen brought to the margins and easy hook removal without taking the fish out of the water.

Also fished yesterday and the last couple of hours today but nothing. Saw about 4 fish over the 3 days. None of the other anglers I spoke to seemed to have caught anything so quite hard to judge how many fish are in.

Possibly with all the water the fish have arrived at their destinations and are lying low until spawning ?

Ended my ribble season on a high today. Talk about leaving it late ! Virtually last cast after deciding to give a pool one last go on my way back to car. Exact same spot that I got my fish in April on almost identical flee. Clonking big grey back that hadn't been in long, didn't weigh it but it was 37 inches and very deep and fat. Must have been knocking on 20lb. After all my moaning and despondency they are still running Ribble 2019

Ended my ribble season on a high today. Talk about leaving it late ! Virtually last cast after deciding to give a pool one last go on my way back to car. Exact same spot that I got my fish in April on almost identical flee. Clonking big grey back that hadn't been in long, didn't weigh it but it was 37 inches and very deep and fat. Must have been knocking on 20lb. After all my moaning and despondency they are still running Ribble 2019

Well done Budge that should keep you happy for a while

Great stuff, water should have been about right for the lower Ribble today.

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional salmon fisher View Post
    Great stuff, water should have been about right for the lower Ribble today.
    Water was absolutely bang on ! A foot and a bit up with just a tinge of colour Ribble 2019

Water was absolutely bang on ! A foot and a bit up with just a tinge of colour Ribble 2019

Well done!!

2 memorable fish in one season 👌, well done and deserved

Well done indeed! Not fished Ribble seriously for over fifty years but good to see them still running although not as many. A great photo. Thank you for that.

Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast