Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  232
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ribble 2019

Well we've had a millimetre of rain here, and there's decent tides at present so I'm going for a chuck tomorrow. Clutching at straws I know but after 2 weeks away I'm desperate Ribble 2019 got some new boots to break in too.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Default Counter figures.

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    Well we've had a millimetre of rain here, and there's decent tides at present so I'm going for a chuck tomorrow. Clutching at straws I know but after 2 weeks away I'm desperate Ribble 2019 got some new boots to break in too.

From the E.A. yesterday. The fish counts through Waddow for March are 34 fish up and 5 down. The up counts are 25 under 4lbs and 9 over 4lbs. since the beginning of the year we have a total of just 11 fish over 4 lbs counted up

Quote Originally Posted by Ribble Rod View Post
    From the E.A. yesterday. The fish counts through Waddow for March are 34 fish up and 5 down. The up counts are 25 under 4lbs and 9 over 4lbs. since the beginning of the year we have a total of just 11 fish over 4 lbs counted up
    Not good reading, but they're all sat in the pools below Ribchester where I fish Ribble 2019 (if only)

He who dares wins !!!

Absolutely elated to get my first ever springer and biggest ever salmon today ! Conditions looked pretty hopeless with bright sunshine and dead low clear water, but decided to give it a whirl as I had the river to myself. Fished all my usual bits of water without a touch, then decided to give the lowest pool a chuck as it's probably the deepest and most likely to hold a fish or two. First run through with a small cascade I had a sharp pull, then caught a brownie about 12 inches. As I was making my last cast a big fish showed above me where I had just fished through. I sat and had a brew and put on a small boar bristle tube fly I tied over winter. Fifth or sixth cast and bang ! I was in. It made a few long runs but I managed to stop it going down and out of the pool, probably 5 to 10 minutes and it was in the net Ribble 2019
    I now know what all the fuss is about, a thing of beauty ! Couldn't see any sea lice but it still had a blueish sheen to it, biggest live salmon I've seen let alone caught lol I don't have scales but it was 39 inches long and fat with it so I reckon 20 + I'm still shaking now. Held it in the current for a couple of minutes and it powered off strongly.
    Probably all down hill from now on lol.

Chuffin' eck Budge owd lad, thats a reet fair Wham! fish(if you're gonna do it'do it right!).
    Shoo 'em up towards me if you will,I'm positively foaming at the mouth now!.
    Pedro.
    Last edited by Rennie; 17-04-2019 at 05:40 PM.

He who dares wins !!!

Absolutely elated to get my first ever springer and biggest ever salmon today ! Conditions looked pretty hopeless with bright sunshine and dead low clear water, but decided to give it a whirl as I had the river to myself. Fished all my usual bits of water without a touch, then decided to give the lowest pool a chuck as it's probably the deepest and most likely to hold a fish or two. First run through with a small cascade I had a sharp pull, then caught a brownie about 12 inches. As I was making my last cast a big fish showed above me where I had just fished through. I sat and had a brew and put on a small boar bristle tube fly I tied over winter. Fifth or sixth cast and bang ! I was in. It made a few long runs but I managed to stop it going down and out of the pool, probably 5 to 10 minutes and it was in the net Ribble 2019
    I now know what all the fuss is about, a thing of beauty ! Couldn't see any sea lice but it still had a blueish sheen to it, biggest live salmon I've seen let alone caught lol I don't have scales but it was 39 inches long and fat with it so I reckon 20 + I'm still shaking now. Held it in the current for a couple of minutes and it powered off strongly.

Congratulations, a cracking fish. Well done.

He who dares wins !!!

Well done! That's a cracker!

Absolute belter!! Well done!! Nice report, enjoyed that! 👍

What a beauty, and well deserved, nice one!

Good to hear there's a few springers around, on your own fly too, well done

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast