Thanks Thanks:  241
Likes Likes:  1,062
Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyne 2018

Default Tyne 2018

Happy New Year all and wishing you all the best for 2018 on the river.
    If you are making plans for booking trips, the planned Kielder release schedule has been announced which may assist you. You can view this on following webpage:

Tyne Release Kielder

Tight lines to all Tyne anglers for 2018.
    "Go easy...step tight...stay free".

Anyone know what the change to the keilder releases was in november ? Cant make much sense of it. Could do with spate type releases for where i fish but last year was constantly a good height for fishing but also for the fish to just charge through without holding up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers for starting the new thread, good luck to all tyne fishers

Tight lines all for 2018!

I have decided that 95% of my angling efforts will be focused on the Tyne system this season! It will be interesting to see what the weather does over this next month and if the milder temperatures will entice fish above the fish pass at Riding Mill.

Similarly what will happen with the Kielder releases and the detrimental effect this will have on certain beats. Very interesting reading catches on beats last year and how differential they were to 2016.

Good luck all!
    Last edited by NoviceFly; 12-01-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Im just itching to get out and get a line out even if there are no fish about. Hoping to mainly stick to the flee this season if i can.

Does any one know if all the fish that pass the Riding Mill counter get recorded, or do some fish by pass it?

Default The Newbie on The Tyne

Looking forward to meet you forum fishers on The Tyne! If you cross paths with someone with a South African accent then it's lkely to be me. I'm most probably going to concentrate my first season on the Fed beats, and see what develops...
    "Learning one day at a time"

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    Does any one know if all the fish that pass the Riding Mill counter get recorded, or do some fish by pass it?
    Not entirly sure if they do or not,but last season forum member stivvy said he seen fish passing and not being counted twice i think so maybe.

I dont think any of the counters can be 100% correct but it does give you an idea of whats going on as the average ammount of fish counted/missed will be the same.

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast