Likes Likes:  59
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eden 2016

Default Eden 2016

Tight lines to all this season

Anyone been out yet??

Default Chance Of A Fish?

Thinking about blowin the cobwebs off next week ! I wonder how many fish have nosed there way into the river in January, I'd suggest a hundred or so or am I to optomistic. Anyway it's practice never the less and with autumn runs declining is it reverting to a spring river again???

I think 100 for Jan is optomistic but u just don't know. Are runs reverting from late to early? After last season some would argue that's the way the trend is going. Whether it is or isn't I don't care an English spring Salmon is IMO the pinicle of our sport so I'll be out early after them again and now my local Ribble club has recently agreed a rod share agreement with a lower Eden club I'll be fishing the Eden a bit more this year. Let's hope the spring fishing is as good as or better than last season's. Tight lines
    Last edited by Saint Andrews; 25-01-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    "If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists"

MSP 1999- "If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

The Eden fished very well, and consistently, from April till August last season. I had my first springer on March 24th ,I recall, but fish are around well before then. There will have been significant alterations to a lot of the favoured stretches, and hopefully, the bottom river might even encourage a few fish to hang about following such a clean-out.
    I fished for an hour last week, and caught 5 brownies between 6oz to 1.5lb, so we have not suffered the losses suggested by some of the pessimistic amongst us. Migratory stocks….. we will wait and see, but Nature abhors a vacuum, so growth and survival rates of what's left should increase, hopefully.
    Tight Lines folks.

Default First One For A While ( hopefully )

I think the Eden represents decent value as a migratory river as a whole and as a brown trout/grayling river. Hope the catches on the Eden/Ribble are as good as last year and my new FHI line goes tight this year a few times! Not banked a salmon for three years ! ( lost a few ) So looking forward to hearing the reel make a noise at some point this year. Good luck everyone and see you in the pub after I've landed one and I'll get you ALL a beer.

carlisle angling association is very under fished.

Default At last!

Good to hear of at least 4 springers being caught over the last couple of days, 3 of which were in the teens of pounds. River falling, very slowly, in to some sort of fishing order. Let's hope these fish are the vanguard of another good spring run. But I think another month of reasonable conditions will give us a clearer idea.

Thats really interesting and positive news, I might have a cast on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by yespsb View Post
    Thats really interesting and positive news, I might have a cast on Sunday
    I suspect there have been a few fish turn up on a few of our west coast rivers so far. Always worth a chuck regardless

Default Fish

Have the fish been caught around the middle beats, or lower down ?
    I had a run around the river last Sunday, total devastation around the railway bridge at the back of the sheep mount ! Hundreds of yards of bank gone and smashed glass and crockery everywhere, presumably recycling boxes washed away !
    How's the river at Warwick Hall ? I did see that a large chunk of bank had gone at the Otter Stone.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast