Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: River Lune

Default River Lune

Just thought it would be an idea to start a thread for the Lune
    Feel free to add any chat.
    Last edited by Black Boar; 07-01-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Boar View Post
    Just thought it would be an idea to start a thread for the Lune
    Feel free to add any chat.
    Good idea Legs now working and been passed fit to fish so I'll be there for my 51st season on the Lune.

I've quite a few contacts on middle beats of the Lune, so will pass on any news etc. as the season progresses.

Default Lune

Thats some time to put in on the Lune McM you must have seen it all!!!
    I will also put some news and grapvine when i here it
    regards
    BRYAN

Quote Originally Posted by torrish24 View Post
    Thats some time to put in on the Lune McM you must have seen it all!!!
    I will also put some news and grapvine when i here it
    regards
    BRYAN
    Hi Bryan,
    Yes, those were the days. We didn't have cars, so we borrowed chariots from the Romans up the road

It was very handy for me as I've had fishing relatives living by the Lune since 1955 so no hotel expenses, plus it's only 60 miles from home. Conditions permitting I'm hoping to get at least 40 days fishing in.......got to do something in retirement

Mac

Default Lune

Well done guys, glad to see a Lune thread!, I have fished this wonderfull river for some years now and have to say the first time was the "highlight of my season", really enjoyed it, i fish it every year now mainly in Oct, when theres usually plenty fish about!!, fish at Arkholme, Claughton, Newton, and occasionally elsewhere!!!, really enjoyed it!.............apart from the accent!!....Eh ooop am in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guay View Post
    Well done guys, glad to see a Lune thread!, I have fished this wonderfull river for some years now and have to say the first time was the "highlight of my season", really enjoyed it, i fish it every year now mainly in Oct, when theres usually plenty fish about!!, fish at Arkholme, Claughton, Newton, and occasionally elsewhere!!!, really enjoyed it!.............apart from the accent!!....Eh ooop am in!!!!

Hi guay, good to see you. This is unforgivable but it's the chap on Arkholme beat who ties flies for me, and I can't recall his name (I am to fly tying what Dr Crippen was to the medical profession), mainly because I stuck my fingers in an old fashioned mangle when I was 15 months old.
    I remember thinking that was a stupid thing to do, good job we're doing well at Alamein

It's the same person who rings up with progress reports such as "fish at Arkholme, should be with you in 4 hours". I think his name his Barry......this is embarrasing

If we all report our findings during the season, we should have a pretty good idea what's happening along the river.

Mac

By the way, were much better spoken now.......it's either "fish" or "net" or sometimes "where the **** are you"!!

Mac

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by guay View Post
    morning Guay(stan?)
    Nice to see a Tay ghillie coming south to fish an English river!!!
    Whats the prospects on the Tay on the 15th? I always slow down when crossing the Tay bridge near your beat when im on my way to fish the Spey in march.I dont think anybody cant be impressed with the Tays power and size even that high up the river. Ill give you a blast on the horn in march when im one my way to fish the Spey beat where your mate Laurence is the Ghillie!!! small world this salmon fishing eh??
    kind regards
    BRYAN

A report has come in this morning of a very big flood about a week ago and the possibility of severe gravel shifting. I've asked for an update once the water level drops but with the weather forecast as it is, I dont think there will be any news for a while.

Rigmaden should be ok as big waters have never changed it much, except for Carradus and High Wide'en but a few miles downstream might be a different matter.

Just hope our fishing hit is still there. The last very big flood cleaned out several fishing huts downstream from Kirkby Lonsdale. Rigmaden bridge and the approach road were under water.

Default Lune flood

Afternoon Mac
    One of the Rigrods walk the beat last week after the big water he reckond the water had been about 8ft up well over the gauge on the bridge. they have been piling some of the banks ie neck of the clint and the boat pool bend and all that is still intact.you are right about gravel shift, carradus gravalled up again about 2yrs ago so its not so good at present but a big flood can change it all again.Thats what i like about the Lune its the challenge about whats changed in the close season and learning it again, thats why i go over during the winter.Its Handy for me as i only live over the fell in Kendal 20mins at the most.If you dont mind me asking Mac which beat do you fish when the fish are 4hrs away at Arkholme?
    regards
    BRYAN

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast