Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daiwa Mackenzie Signature 15' #10/11

If you've used or own a Daiwa Mackenzie Signature, especially the 15' #10/11 3pc, how do you rate the rod? Any info helpful, thanks
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewS View Post
    If you've used or own a Daiwa Mackenzie Signature, especially the 15' #10/11 3pc, how do you rate the rod? Any info helpful, thanks
    My pal owns one , had a cast or two with it ... what a rod would love to own one but beyond my budget

Got a 15ft 5 piece which is a brilliant rod but i prefer my 14ft 3 piece . I just use the bigger one for full sinkers on big floods.

Default Daiwa MacKenzie 15 ft #10/11 3 pc

I have the very rod you are asking about, had it a couple of years, using a shooting head on it for the first time this season.Very happy with it.
    Hope this helps..
    Hidden Content

Tight lines,Alan..

Thanks for your replies. The rod is beyond my budget at RRP too, but I've been offered one at half that. To carry over a couple of my favourite lines would be a big bonus, but I'm concerned with the rod having Scotts name on that it might weigh in at the heavier end of #11. What shooting head are you using Alan? Have you weighed it? My favourite SH system is Guidelines DDC but it's trimmed to 40g for my current rod. Has anyone put a snowbee 2D through it also?
    Matt

Hi Matt,it is a Guideline head, no idea what weight it is not very good with all the technical stuff, Munro on here trimmed it back to suit me and put on the loops and things,I am not the best caster in the world but have greatly improved with the Signature, the head and Munro's help. Superb rod in my opinion especially if you can pick one up at half price, go for it
    Hidden Content

Tight lines,Alan..

will need need to weigh but reckon it was between 1m and 1.5m propbably nearer 1m
    By the way scunnered now apparently guideline not doing the heads in customize now for floating only the new triple density sinkers in trim to fit
    talk about scunnered
    bring them back guideline,please please please
    pimp ma shooting head rules
    Last edited by munro; 28-08-2010 at 11:16 PM.

A 10/11 cut back to 12m is 38g so probally 41g at 12.5m.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

had the 15ft signature since they came out.
    fished the 15ft prototype when i was up at ness side for 3 days tuition with scott.
    was one of the first to get one when theycame on the market,courtesy of scott.
    its my pinion the 15ft fishes better with medium to long belly spey lines,although it will fish shooting heads,its more comfortable with spey lines.
    i have also tried the 13 and 14ft rods,these seem to be more capable of throwing s/h.
    the 15ft rod works best if you dont bully it,let the rod do all the work.
    i liked the midspey or a lee wullf on the 15ft
    superb rod and if you get it you will not be dissapointed
    hope this helps
    tom

Have also used with,monteith with tips set up to i think 75plus foot,slow casting action load rods deep and the rod does it itself very powerfull rod,this was couple of years back with someone elses
    but unfortunatley to fish the clyde you struggle for room or are in the middle of the river
    tried beasts set up couple weeks back again to show him how to do short stroke with underhand,rod worked damn fine with it
    Last edited by munro; 29-08-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast