Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Couple things

Default Couple things

Keep getting rid of things then want more

10ft #8 for the rainbows must be a stiff rod

Wee switch rod and possibly an outfit

Let me know what you got

Why 10í? I havenít notice any advantages when compared to 9í.

Nowadays Iíve got Orvis Helix 2.0 9í 7# tip flex. Good for anything, I use mainly for throwing streamers to trouts and small river salmon fishing. Can handle bigger fish and is joy to cast. Iíve coupled it with Hardy ultralight dd 7000 and usually use floating SA mpx or Vision Vibe 85 sink3.

Iíve got out from swithces and Iíll stick in the one-handers, but these are so much personal preferences. I would also check out the trout speys. Might do the trick to your need.

Personally i notice a big difference from 9' and 10' maybe casting style but probably just individual preference, 9' doesnt work as good for me 9'6 is fine 10' is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by river irvine View Post
    Personally i notice a big difference from 9' and 10' maybe casting style but probably just individual preference, 9' doesnt work as good for me 9'6 is fine 10' is perfect
    I have a two Greys GR70's both as new only test cast one is a 9'6" for a 6 and the other is a 10' for a 7, £100 each really nice casting rods, my plan was to use the 9'6" for the troot and the 10' for the single handed salmon, both are surplus to requirements now. I can send them down for you to try if you wish