Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Default G Loomis NRX 14ft Rated 9 / 10 Green

Hello my Forum friends and neighbours. I am looking for a G Loomis NRX 14ft rated 9/10 or 36g if you prefer to deal in those new fangled gramme thingies. Looking for the green rod please if you have one. Reply here or in PMLand.

Thanks to all,

Geoff
    Last edited by Perrypokemon; 12-06-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    I love my brick

Pity you dont want my 15ft 10# NRX,now reduced to £400. But that's just a 'bump' in the classified's road......

I had both and didnít like them that much as I did the Stinger series. But at least the 14í takes a faster casting style better than the 15í.
    The 15í is very restricted in casting style. It doesnít like at all to be pressed or forced, no matter because of personal style or the need of casting into wind for distance. It wants short movements ďin the boxĒ, only. If that isnít enough for distance or windy conditions, there is no other way.
    The 14í is much better adaptable in this and different needs for different situations. But itís also still restricted. Very good in Single Spey, but -also because of itís action-, it didnít like a fast Snake roll cast as many other rods do perfectly with a firm tip and middle part.
    - Letīs be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)

Quote Originally Posted by wetwader View Post
    I had both and didnít like them that much as I did the Stinger series. But at least the 14í takes a faster casting style better than the 15í.
    The 15í is very restricted in casting style. It doesnít like at all to be pressed or forced, no matter because of personal style or the need of casting into wind for distance. It wants short movements ďin the boxĒ, only. If that isnít enough for distance or windy conditions, there is no other way.
    The 14í is much better adaptable in this and different needs for different situations. But itís also still restricted. Very good in Single Spey, but -also because of itís action-, it didnít like a fast Snake roll cast as many other rods do perfectly with a firm tip and middle part.

Erm..........I can cast a full Vector Ballistic Spey line with both my 14ft and 15ft NRX rods. Both will perform any cast I choose and will cast any type of line I choose. As regards casting into wind? This is not determined by the rod. It is determined by the pair of hands making it (the cast). With the greatest of respect I put up my original post as I want to buy another 14ft NRX. I was not looking for a critique on them. I do actually quite like them. This is why I want to buy one
    Last edited by Perrypokemon; 13-06-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    I love my brick

There is a 14ft NRX green 9/10 advertised with Glasgow Angling preloaded tackle. Theyíre asking £650. The advert is about a week old.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Erm..........I can cast a full Vector Ballistic Spey line with both my 14ft and 15ft NRX rods. Both will perform any cast I choose and will cast any type of line I choose. As regards casting into wind? This is not determined by the rod. It is determined by the pair of hands making it (the cast). With the greatest of respect I put up my original post as I want to buy another 14ft NRX. I was not looking for a critique on them. I do actually quite like them. This is why I want to buy one
    Hello Geoff,
    sorry for interrupting your thread. Actually I didnít realize, your question was in the Classifieds Wanted. I was in thoughts of a thread for discussing Loomis rods (while on the E6 up to Norway&#128513. And maybe I was additionally blinded by your friendly words (Hello forum friends and neighbours...).
    Feel happy with your NRX rods and your Spey line. I donít know you and your hands. For my hands: they are pretty well so far. The only problem at the moment is, they are shaking because of lakse feber...
    Good luck with your search.
    - Letīs be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)