Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Default Sage 4116 4 switch

Anyone know of the above for sale.

If you find more than one of these unicorns please let me know....or a 5 for that matter...

Good luck in your search. I have the 4116 and would not part with it. I had to get it from the US. Great rod

I sold one on here last year! So there are a few about in people's man caves
    Fly Fishing & Rugby a Marriage made in Heaven.

Thanks if anyone can find one I would be much obliged

Good luck. I built one of these a few years ago. It's a beauty. If you know someone off to the states you could always get them to bring you a blank back and get it built to your own spec.

Seems a low line rating are you using these with single handed AFTM lines 7-8 for salmon seat trout?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
    Seems a low line rating are you using these with single handed AFTM lines 7-8 for salmon seat trout?
    Using mine with rio afs 4/5 scandi . Absolutely rate this rod very highly, perfect for stealthy approach in low water. I don't bother using it single handed, but I have tried it single handed with a 7weight trout line and it was fine.

Conehead

I use a rio scandi short 4 on mine which is great.
    I have also used a guideline bullet wf8 and that is also excellent.
    Neil W very kindly sent me a airflow switch streamer line which he hadn't got on with and I also found it less than ideal. He did find the airflo Switch float very good though in 275 and 300gr.
    Its a very fun rod.

Quote Originally Posted by DRN View Post
    I use a rio scandi short 4 on mine which is great.
    I have also used a guideline bullet wf8 and that is also excellent.
    Neil W very kindly sent me a airflow switch streamer line which he hadn't got on with and I also found it less than ideal. He did find the airflo Switch float very good though in 275 and 300gr.
    Its a very fun rod.
    The Rio Scandi short 4wt is excellent on this rod. I do like the airflo switch floater in either the 270 or the 300 depending on how you like to load the rod. This is a one piece line and so easy to use. The Rio Skagit short 325 is great if you need heavier tips and I found even the airflo skagit switch 360 is handled by this rod
    Simon Gawesworth from a Rio also said the 7 or 8 wt single handed Spey line is also great on this rod.