Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lts x1 13'6

Default Lts x1 13'6

Does anyone have one of these in good condition?
    Itís funny whats happening to us.
    Our lives have become digital -
    our friends, now virtual
    and everything you could ever want to know
    is just a click away.
    Experiencing the world through this endless second hand information isnít enough -
    if we want authenticity Ė WE have to initiate it.

Explosive, and even the Valhalla will do the job. X1 13.6 are hard to find.

Default x1

Been thinking about changing my x1 rods.
    Unable to just yet though as been totally let down by LTS which hurts a bit considering my help and support them in past years.
    Has put me right off the brand.

My x1 13-6 broke last October and they not only have no sections of old rods at all. But also totally ignore all correspondence over it. Dozens of emails and just an odd excuse for an answer.
    Now no reply at all

To have no parts for a rod range only discontinued just over a year ago and that 1000's were sold of leaves me a very unhappy Bunny...........

It's only been used once too.
    And now seems like it's going to be useful only for keeping the beans or tomatoes up.........

Not HP
    LG
    When your time is truly up, the Grim Reaper comes to smile at you.
    And all you can do in all reality, is to just smile right back at him...............

Default Lts

It's a bit alarming to read your post Leedsgarth.What sort of warranty did they give? No matter what rod you get they can break, that is a fact of life unfortunately. They are not cheap throw away rods and the company should behave better than that. It seems quite a few companies allegedly offer us fisherman great back up but this warranty business is a real minefield. Personally I would not touch any expensive rod no matter how good they cast unless I had peace of mind if something goes wrong. In all my years of fishing (and they are considerable) I have only had to deal with two companies Sage and Orvis, both American, and they have been brilliant with after sales. In fairness to our cousins across the pond they do know how to give good aftersales. It's posts like yours that make being a forum member most worthwhile. I now know there is yet another company that I shall be avoiding like the plague.

Default Warranties

From offset on a LTS rod you're supposed to get a free section if the rod breaks in the first 12 months, then after that it's a handling fee of 70/80 quid. Which to be fair is pretty standard these days.

However when a rod is brand new and used once and it's not possible to get a section for the rod that's not much fun, nor acceptable as good service.

I was offered a new rod at a discount off, but why would I want to pay 100's of quid for a new rod when I should be able to get a new bottom section of my x1 at no charge?

After years of defending the brand when people had complaints about their service I'm now beginning to see the problem does exist myself.
    And it looks like I'm not going to be using my x1 13-6 again as can't even get a reply.

LG
    And all you can do in all reality, is to just smile right back at him...............

Out of curiosity who did you contact at LTS??

Quote Originally Posted by leedsgarth View Post
    From offset on a LTS rod you're supposed to get a free section if the rod breaks in the first 12 months, then after that it's a handling fee of 70/80 quid. Which to be fair is pretty standard these days.

However when a rod is brand new and used once and it's not possible to get a section for the rod that's not much fun, nor acceptable as good service.

I was offered a new rod at a discount off, but why would I want to pay 100's of quid for a new rod when I should be able to get a new bottom section of my x1 at no charge?

After years of defending the brand when people had complaints about their service I'm now beginning to see the problem does exist myself.
    And it looks like I'm not going to be using my x1 13-6 again as can't even get a reply.

LG

Default Tout le Monde

In short Mike

All of them.
    Several times.

The company owner.
    The office who do the sales and warranties
    And the chap who runs the UK now (who is a personal friend of mine)

They now after seeing this post say that sections of x1 are there/are about to be there.
    Hopefully I'll at last get my butt section.

LG

The power of Social Media. Well done Leedsgarth.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsgarth View Post
    Been thinking about changing my x1 rods.
    Unable to just yet though as been totally let down by LTS which hurts a bit considering my help and support them in past years.
    Has put me right off the brand.

My x1 13-6 broke last October and they not only have no sections of old rods at all. But also totally ignore all correspondence over it. Dozens of emails and just an odd excuse for an answer.
    Now no reply at all

To have no parts for a rod range only discontinued just over a year ago and that 1000's were sold of leaves me a very unhappy Bunny...........

It's only been used once too.
    And now seems like it's going to be useful only for keeping the beans or tomatoes up.........

Not HP
    LG
    Now that you have mentioned it on here you will get a response.....
    Watch this space , i had issues although they got resolved .
    I wouldnt buy any of their gear again .