Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Tube fly tubing now available

Now available superb tubing for salmon tube flies. Very bright colors and lots of tubing in one package. I have two sizes available. Liner tubing (OD 1.8 mm) and tubing (OD 3 mm). You can use this tubing with salmon tubes, trout streamer tubes and with pike tubes!

Liner tubing ID 1 mm and OD 1.8 mm
    Outer tubing ID 2 mm and OD 3 mm

Liner tubing match Eumer S size and outer tubing match Eumer L size tubing. Liner tubing fits into outer tubing perfectly.

Package contains 10 pcs of 8 inch (20 cm) tubes, total length 6.6 ft (2 meters).

Liner tubing is available in colors: Fluorecent green, Fluorecent yellow, Fluorecent red and clear tubing

Outer tubing is available in colors: Yellow, Fluor.Yellow, Brigth Yellow, Bright Orange, Fluor. Orange, Fluor. Red, Fluor. Purple, Fluor. Green, Black and Clear

Cost is 2.50 for clear tubing and 2.90 for colored tubing.

Please see the product page for more details.

Thank you for reading!

Now available blue, light blue and violet/purple colors as well....

Postage cost to UK approx 1.4 up to 6 sets. Delivery time approx 4 days.

Blue

Light Blue

Purple/Violet

Quote Originally Posted by Nordicangler View Post
    Now available superb tubing for salmon tube flies. Very bright colors and lots of tubing in one package. I have two sizes available. Liner tubing (OD 1.8 mm) and tubing (OD 3 mm). You can use this tubing with salmon tubes, trout streamer tubes and with pike tubes!

Liner tubing ID 1 mm and OD 1.8 mm
    Outer tubing ID 2 mm and OD 3 mm

Liner tubing match Eumer S size and outer tubing match Eumer L size tubing. Liner tubing fits into outer tubing perfectly. Package contains 10 pcs of 8 inch (20 cm) tubes, total length 6.6 ft (2 meters). Liner tubing is available in colors: Fluorecent green, Fluorecent yellow, Fluorecent red and clear tubing

Outer tubing is available in colors: Yellow, Fluor.Yellow, Brigth Yellow, Bright Orange, Fluor. Orange, Fluor. Red, Fluor. Purple, Fluor. Green, Black and Clear. Cost is 2.5 for clear tubing and 2.9 for colored tubing.

Please see the product page for more details. Thank you for reading!
    Ordered several variant packs of a particular colour of this outer and liner tubing from Mikko Blomqvist at Nordic Angler and it arrived by post promptly. It was as described and exactly what I wanted for tying certain deadly wee Dee micro-tubes. I'm happy to recommend this supplier.

Sent an order to him today and it's a very slick operation, with the items sent within two hours of me giving them my order and his postage fee was less than many companies who operate on home soil also quality looks very good and lots of new materials that i had never seen before over here.
    I can see this lad doing really well in the u.k and good luck to him.

Thank you salar35 and Bucktail Bob for your feedback. Also I would like to thank you for visiting my shop

Default Tubing

Certain tubing commonly found here has a bad reputation for cracking in very cold conditions. Could you please state categorically whether this material survives such weather? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Invermarnoch View Post
    Certain tubing commonly found here has a bad reputation for cracking in very cold conditions. Could you please state categorically whether this material survives such weather? Thanks.
    Hi

Interesting question, thank you for that. Normal "operating temperatures" for these kind of plastics are between (approx) -25 Celcius -> 80 Celcius depending on the plastic mixture.

Also I wanted to test this myself and I put some of these tubings (3 mm outer tubing and 1.8mm liner) to -18C freezer for couple of hours. After treating those tubes in -18C "weather" I tried to bend and break the tubes but no luck. Of course tubing is a bit stiffer in -20C than in normal +10 -> 20C temperatures but it did not break.

When fishing in zero celcius -> 20 C temperatures I would say that there will not be any cracking or breaking because of the temperature.
    Last edited by Nordicangler; 21-05-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invermarnoch View Post
    Normally tubes not break due to temperature but due mechanical damage .
    If we have 3 brass tube with conehead during cast on 1,8mm pipe acts very big power bending it
    Even if you will bend steel wire after several bends it will break. The same is with pipe.
    To prevent it I put totally plastic tube inside metal one and melt only two ends.
    If I like using conehead I add lining and coneheads after tying fly only on metal tube.
    Even lining break is easy to replace it on new one.
    In Scandinavia they tie even big temple dog flies only on plastic tube with small coneheads also to prevent problem with breaking of tubes.
    Hope that it help little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordicangler View Post
    Also I wanted to test this myself and I put some of these tubings (3 mm outer tubing and 1.8mm liner) to -18C freezer for couple of hours. After treating those tubes in -18C "weather" I tried to bend and break the tubes but no luck.
    Addition to this.

I put some tubing back to freezer and I forgot them there. They were in the freezer at least a week before I digged them out

Tubes did not break when bending them. So this is temperature issue is tested and solved for good

Quote Originally Posted by Klops View Post
    Normally tubes not break due to temperature but due mechanical damage .
    If we have 3 brass tube with conehead during cast on 1,8mm pipe acts very big power bending it
    Even if you will bend steel wire after several bends it will break. The same is with pipe.
    To prevent it I put totally plastic tube inside metal one and melt only two ends.
    If I like using conehead I add lining and coneheads after tying fly only on metal tube.
    Even lining break is easy to replace it on new one.
    In Scandinavia they tie even big temple dog flies only on plastic tube with small coneheads also to prevent problem with breaking of tubes.
    Hope that it help little bit.
    Yes IME totally correct Klops even the best tubes can break with the flexing against the cone edges or the metal tube edges. I wonder if superglue used for glueing cones also has an effect on the plastic tube.