Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Svt /ssvt what weight ?

Does anyone use an ssvt with the 13ft stealth , if so what weight would you recommend!
    Last edited by Grahama; 10-10-2014 at 03:44 PM.

I find the #9 at 540grains a little too light for the rod.
    Changing the 10' tip for a 15' #10 tip saw an improvement.

Before my wee turn in June , I'd been messing about with various Scandi Bodies.................

Scandinavian Spey Lines| Rio Scandi Body

...................and 10' + 15' tips of various weights / manufacturers and had found one or two nice combinations for the 13' Century.

I can't remember what those combos were though.

Try the search facility.
    It may turn up some of my ramblings.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

SSVT not really designed for rods longer than 12'-12'6". Agree that a longer tip might help though.

Paul

Thanks ibm ,
    I have done a quick search but will look again . I was planing trying the 15ft tips as well as the 10ft ones but also wondered if the mow tips would work okay with the Scandi body ? I know that Rio say they do but I wonder if you would need to use a heavier body with them ?
    I shall be trying a few different combinations over the winter to find what works for me with this rod but any help as to starting weights and lines is welcome .

The SSVT #9 (without tips) and scandi body will take 10' MOW and iMOW tips up to T14 with no bother at all.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul White; 10-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Picked the rod up from centurey earlier and had a mini tour of their factory , impressive the commitment they have to their products !
    First impression of the rod without a line through it ..... Quality , quality and quality and great service from them too !
    I shall have to wait till the weekend when I am home to put a line through it but I am sure it will not disappoint. I will have to wait I'll next season to use it in anger but will get plenty of practice using it over the coming months and learn how I can get the best from it (subject to my limitations ) with different lines ..

I use one on my 12'9 stealth. I find the #11 works very well.
    I'm not sure about the 13' but can confirm the Scandi body will work lovely with MOW tips.
    “Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer.”

I have a 9# and 10# body to try with a good selection of tips and lots of time till the new season , can't make up my mind about a Scandi line , airflo or Rio ?