Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sacramento area

Default Sacramento area

Bit south of Canada! but i will be over here start to mid October next year for a wedding this time want to try some fishing got week or two on the road with the misses show her some sites of the west coast then a want to try a day or two somewhere. Anyone with any experience or knowledge? The river seems a big yin to say the least lol

Default Travel Far To Catchum Fish

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy9nro View Post
    Bit south of Canada! but i will be over here start to mid October next year for a wedding this time want to try some fishing got week or two on the road with the misses show her some sites of the west coast then a want to try a day or two somewhere. Anyone with any experience or knowledge? The river seems a big yin to say the least lol
    Although rivers in California once sustained huge runs of salmon and steelhead, counting into the millions, I'm afraid the old familiar story of development , mining , industry and dams since the turn of the 20th century have closed 90% of all traditional spawning streams and rendered both species close to extinction except for a very low population clinging tenuously on to what habitat was left.
    There is presently an intense recovery programme in place that you can read about here;
    http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa...._fs_071614.pdf

However, in the Sacramento area , you remain in luck as things are not so bad there with an excellent recovery rate and you'll be spoiled for choice for salmon, steelhead and river trout.
    Sacramento River salmon fishing 9-16-2014 - Sacramento River Fishing Guide | Northern California

You will be bang on the money for timing also. Head north to Wahington and Oregon if you have time. Fishing can be absolutely wonderful there in october.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Nice one keir good stuff will have a swatch at that

7 months the morra a leave, but whos counting????? Followed keirstreams links and ended up on a US forum fishsniffer lol got some good info and looks like a could be timing it perfect as you say stream, stripers, rainbows, steelies and kings to 30lb lol canna wait! a have sorted it around the wedding that a will also be back for the last week of the season on the Earn Happy days