Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wader studs.

Default Wader studs.

Am looking for studs to screw into felt soles [4pairs]. Any advice would be welcome.
    Thanks.
    Bob

bob pm me your address ive got loads kicking about
    i will post them off foc...

I have a load that I bought out of GAC, but decided not to use them as the screws were far too long on them. I used snowbee ones before that I was happy with, but the best I have used so far are the Simms Hard Bite studs. I bought them when I was in a hurry and really grudged paying the asking price, but I have to say that they have been great. They lasted a lot longer than any that I used before.
    "... the grand excuse for loitering in peaceful places."

Go into any independant hardware shop and you will get very similar for a fraction of the cost.

I have had Simms Hardbite studs in my boots for four years and they are still great; not worn..
    These are the best studs you can get.

Simms hardbite too - pricy, but they last and afford good grip. Tungsten carbide particles make them well 'ard.

I'd steer clear of the Snowbee ones, the steel is far too soft. I re-studded my boots with them in May and the heads on them are entirely worn away now.

Hard-Bite is the way to go.

As far as studs go,ignore the cost.What you want is good grip and longevity.The less you pay the less grip you get and the quicker the studs will wear out.As plenty of contributors have said the Simms Hardbite studs allthough expensive offer the best grip by far and will far outlast the cheaper variety.As the cheaper studs wear down their surface area increases and they are more likely to slide rather than bite through slime etc. or find purchase on rock/stone.Hardbites are more expensive because you are paying for the Tungstone content of the studs which is what gives you superior grip.The cheaper and cheapest studs are more likely to be soft metal and will wear from the outset loosing grip as you go.
    The Tungstone studs in my old Orvis Battenkill boots lasted 5 years and you could walk up the walls of a wet house such was the grip they gave,I currently have Hardbites in some cheap Greys felt soled boots and after two years they still look brand new,better grip than the Wife holding a bar of chocolate!.Pedro.

Thank you all for your replys and P.M.s
    Bob