Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by KILDONAN View Post
    Just wondering from those who like the Simms freestone boots.
    Would you go a size up from your normal shoe size when buying?
    I can't fault my simms freestone boots, top quality and like RRR said they still look & feel new, I fish a lot too! Size wise I went for normal shoe size and find they're fine for me. I have a narrow foot though and find they are quite wide, but once tightened up they perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke777 View Post
    so are you a 10 Budge and take a 12 ??
    No sorry I was just saying the eBay pair were too small for me. I am 11s normal shoes so usually go a size bigger. I haven't worn Simms so probably need to try a pair on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Also Freestones, very good value for money
    <*[[[[[><

Its a shame they dont do a combi sole with felt on the front and deep rubber tread on the back so you get the best of both worlds. I had a pair of john norris neoprenes as a kid with this setup and never seemed to slip and slide anywhere. Almost keeled over with heatstroke a few times in summer though Wading boots recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greegs View Post
    A bit slippy tbh.

Iíve about 3 or 4 different makes of studs in them & just leave the old ones in.

The Hardbite from Simms are poor quality now & donít last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was persuaded by several other members to go for supatrak studs. Slightly suspicious I tried them. Will never use anything else now. About twelve studs round the toe and heel of each boot.

Simms hardbite just wear out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Handel View Post
    I was persuaded by several other members to go for supatrak studs. Slightly suspicious I tried them. Will never use anything else now. About twelve studs round the toe and heel of each boot.

Simms hardbite just wear out so quickly.
    Iím not sure if it was a post of yours I saw about the supatrak stubs but I googled them & im going to invest in them.

Going to try & get some of the studs out of my soles.. Wading boots recommendations.Wading boots recommendations.

Cheers.. Wading boots recommendations.Wading boots recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greegs View Post
    Iím not sure if it was a post of yours I saw about the supatrak stubs but I googled them & im going to invest in them.

Going to try & get some of the studs out of my soles.. Wading boots recommendations.Wading boots recommendations.

Cheers.. Wading boots recommendations.Wading boots recommendations.

Decent set of mole grips will have them out no problem. May be worth leaving the felt in the middle stud free so it has plenty contact with the rocks then as your foot starts to shift and lean the studs dig in and get a had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Decent set of mole grips will have them out no problem. May be worth leaving the felt in the middle stud free so it has plenty contact with the rocks then as your foot starts to shift and lean the studs dig in and get a had.

This is a very good piece of advice. Exactly what was suggested to me and I have done.

Aloominum.
    As a Canadian, pointed out, is the way to stay attached to rock, gravel, weedy algae bound cobbles . Add a few Kold *utter ice bike studs 3/8'' and you can scamper up muddy banks and walk about on ice too.

I would use nothing else but aluminium bars underfoot now...counter-intuitive but they grip like magnets. The bed of the Spey or Dart stays just where you want it!!

You can buy Patagonian 'bear-grip' tractor boots at £500plus and they are very good or if you have a spare 3 hours and a happy feeling for DIY make them yourself. - Buy some easy dry hiking boots, a couple of sizes up from your usual , from Dunlop or Decathlon's Quechua range and get to work.....My inner Aberdonian loves this and yes they do last 2-3 seasons of about 25 days wading and walking.
    Have a look on Youtub at such as Brookside Hillbilly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234