Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default simms headwater wading boots

Hi guys anybody got any experience of simms headwater wading boots.
    Mike

I've got the headwaters pro boots Mike,only bought at the end of last season so I can't comment on their longevity but they're good strong boots with plenty of ankle support
    SS
    Last edited by silver seeker; 15-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    The early bird gets first run down the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by silver seeker View Post
    I've got the headwaters pro boots Mike,only bought at the end of last season so I can't comment on their longevity but they're good strong boots with plenty of ankle support
    SS
    Thanks Sean size wise i take 11 would i need to go up a size or two, they say simms are true to size.
    Mike

4. Default

i WOULD SAY TO GO UP ONE SIZE

IN MY EXPERIENCE HERE IN THE BUSINESS
    Neil Anderson
    Angus Angling
    117 East High St
    Forfar
    DD8 2EQ
    01307 466 366

Fishery Manager Gallery Fishing's North Esk.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Anderson Forfar View Post
    i WOULD SAY TO GO UP ONE SIZE

IN MY EXPERIENCE HERE IN THE BUSINESS
    Thanks Neil

Aye Mike I'm a ten so I got the 11 and they're spot on
    The early bird gets first run down the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by silver seeker View Post
    Aye Mike I'm a ten so I got the 11 and they're spot on
    Good stuff thanks Sean.

Iíve just upgraded my Orvis Encounter studded felts to Simms Headwater Felts, which I intend to fit with tungsten studs.

Size wise I am a 10 but have wide feet and a high instep and had big problems getting into an 11 as Simms latest incarnation has anchor points around the arch that ensure that the tongue only comes out halfway and canít be pulled completely out. Once in the boots they felt very tight and uncomfortable. Going up to a size 12 solved the problem.

I noted that the soles are stitched in as well as glued on and expressed concerns that the stitches may wear through. The tackle dealer, Foxons of St Asaph, who I hold in high regard, said that of all the boots ever returned to them for the felt soles coming off, none of them were ever Simms.

I once owned a pair of Korkers Boa Lacing boots with interchangeable soles which were top quality but these Simms seem to be a cut above even them.
    Last edited by John Keane; 23-07-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Not everything in equipment has to be Simms. Some things are not worth the price and for some even worse than alternatives.

But in boots one canít go wrong with the better models of Simms boots. Everything depending of personal needs and fit.
    There are two models of the Headwaters. The Pro with parts in leather and the cheaper one in synthetic only. I had the Pro and it got broken after short time of use at the connection between the leather to the hard synthetic cover on the inside and outside of both boots.
    Maybe a single fail and only lack of luck, but I would take the full synthetic model next time to avoid connections of soft to hard material in the most stressed zones.

Using my favorite model full leather G3 -parallel and long before the Headwaters- I would prefer the G3 without any doubt. A class better in every aspect, sole construction, feel, fit and comfort.
    Meanwhile in the fifth pair, the felt sole was never a problem. The Vibram sole was coming off on two pairs. Anyhow because of wading safety I stay with felt meanwhile and studs.
    The new G3 looks very good too in full synthetic and maybe even more comfy because of lower weight.
    - Letīs be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)

Ive worn through the stitching on the toe and heel of the felt sole on my rivertek boas but the soles are still solid and dont see them shifting anytime soon. Also the comfiest boots ive had by a country mile when worn in and softend up slightly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast