Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Guideline Alta V2 wading boots

Having recently had issues with water pressure on my Simms freestone wading boots, I have decided to try another make. I have seen the Guideline Alta V2 wading boots on sale and fancy giving these a go.

Anyone have any experience of these boots and is the sizing accurate? Can't try them on before buying but do have the option of sending them back if there not suitable.

My Simms freestone wading boots (Size 10) in as new condition (used for approx. 4 hrs) will be up for sale once I get a chance to list.

Thanks,

Daryl

Also looking to get a pair of these as J Norris has them on sale for only 59 average internet price is over 100 .My Simms boots are over 10 yrs old now and I will never get a pair which have lasted as good as these ones even the sharp pointed studs on the felt sole are ok but the rest of the boots are falling apart .My only concern with the Alta's is having to put studs in the felt sole and that they will stay in .Unlike my old simms which were factory fitted studs under the felt soles .

mid Wales, just over the Shropshire border

I'm looking at the new version with the pull tight with toggle laces.... they apparently do a UK size 15. If they do I'm buying two pairs....

Aftermarket studs ( like sims titanium ones I use) stay in fine in felt soles, I've never had one come out, only wear out.

I've a pair of cross water boots with a felt sole.Going into their 3rd year very well indeed, no issues at all.Compared to my Simms boots they're considerably more lightweight in construction.If your fishing waters with demanding wading and rough terrain-maybe you should re-think!.While they're comfy, they don't have the protection capabilities or support of Simms boots.They've held onto the studs I fitted very well indeed.For easier wading, nice gravel bottoms etc, worth a punt.Think mine were 100 when I got them and I'll certainly see this year out with them no probs and am expecting longer.I don't use them in heavy wading situations, great for stealth wading at night for Sea Troot's or low water for Salar as they're very quiet, unlike my Simms which have so much metal in the rubber sole they make me cringe over gravel and small stones they're so noisy.
    Hope that helps,Pedro.

I got 5 seasons out of the cheaper guideline dee boots. I had the rubber re-glued and stitched twice in that time. I left them in the digs oon the North Esk last year so that others might use them if stuck, just back last Sunday and the boots are still there in the gear cellar :-)

Brilliant if a bit of walking is involved, eg on the Dionard, Shin, etc. Very light and comfortable. They do not take studs too well due to a soft sole, ie the studs will eventually burst through the bottoms.
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

i had a pair that of the v2s that came with the waders, i never used them and sold them on, they were as said very light weight and i found them to be quite narrow when i tried them in the house
    ive gone back to my freestones that ive had near 10 years, almost no sole left but indestructable, also recomend patagonia rock grip for durability 5 seasons and not a mark on the soles but i didnt like them on rocks not sure if they done them with felt?
    It's too high, its too low, its too windy, there's nae fish al no be back...... Till tomorrow

I've got alta V2's (rubber sole) that have burst at the heel on the right boot. The entire heel area of the sole is starting come away. The boots are only a couple of seasons old and not overly used. Wouldnt be so bad but they were replacements from Guideline to my previous pair of Guidelines which disintegrated. I've just recently purchased a pair of Simms G3 boots as a further replacement, wont be buying Guidelines again. Yeah sure the Simms arent cheap but hopefuly theyll last a bit longer.

Pretty disappointed with them TBH. Couple of months use and the heel section is beginning to come away and the rubber peeling back off the toe. After a good 5/6 seasons out of my Orvis boots nae the most impressive of boots.

I wonder if it was common knowledge that they might be not be put together too well hence them being punted for half price from a number of outlets???