Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Default History of Salmon fishing on the River Thurso

Received notification today that " The History of Salmon Fishing on the River Thurso" by regular Thurso rod , Malcolm Dutchman -Smith is now available from Medlar Press at 25 plus postage . Looking forward to getting my copy , hopefully it's a good read for those who fish the river or are interested in giving it a cast one day .

Adey

Default Thurso book

Had the pleasure of fishing with Malcolm Dutchman-Smith on my first visit to the famous Thurso last September. He introduced my wife and I to a number of locals and regulars and gave us a wee tour of the upper beats and loch that were not included in our 3-day rota. We even caught some fish.
    I'm now looking forward to reading more of the history through his excellent book.

Sorry MMB - meant to "like" your post , not "thank" !! Not met Malcolm myself - he's often up there either the week before me or week after .

Adey

Got my copy and on a first look is seems to be very well researched and written. Hope to find some time soon to read it in detail.
    Icelander05

book-picture.jpg,

Just read it, Only the 3rd book I have ever read in my life time ,the other 2 being Falkus, Salmon fishing, and Seatrout fishing

the "Fish& Fly.com" review of my book can be seen in the "Salmon Fishing News and Features" section under the thread "A History of Salmon Fishing on the River Thurso" and a wider selection of reviews can be seen at: Medlar Press Fishing Books Shop

It's a lovely book, and formed a great lead up to my first trip there a few weeks ago!

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by thurso12 View Post
    the "Fish& Fly.com" review of my book can be seen in the "Salmon Fishing News and Features" section under the thread "A History of Salmon Fishing on the River Thurso" and a wider selection of reviews can be seen at: Medlar Press Fishing Books Shop
    Despite never having even clapped eyes on the Thurso , I ordered a copy from Medlar a couple of days ago.
    Looking forward to reading it.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

There was a review of the book in the September issue of Trout and Salmon.