Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good book

Have any of you guys read a book called salmon taking times by R V RIGHYNI?

Thanks jackpower

Quote Originally Posted by Marky8boy View Post
    Have any of you guys read a book called salmon taking times by R V RIGHYNI?

Don't bother. Righyni had a unique capacity for catching salmon, but instead of just accepting the fact, he created a theory to underpin his success, which to be frank, is complete non-scientific garbage. It's a great pity because he could have written a really good instructional book based on his techniques rather than his thoughts.

Michael!!! Wtf?

Just my opinion: I consider it blx

As Iím reading this book Iím thinking to myself his theoryís are abit far out there but are also believable.

Iím thinking to many marbles for me

But I will read abit more

Default A good book

Without contradicting any of the other suggestions, may I draw your attention to John Shewey's book "Dee Flies and Spey Flies: their history and construction"?

This is still available in paperback although the hardback version is out-of-print and costs a fortune. There are some irritatingly obsequious quotations from nineteenth century writers worshipping the Duke of Richmond and Gordon, but the book gives very full advice on the tying of these flies and is lavishly furnished with stunning photographs. There is also some sage advice on fishing for steelhead (Shewey is an American who lives in Oregon) which makes very pleasurable and worthwhile reading. If you are a fly-dresser, by reading this book you will learn a lot about the skill and adaptability of the nineteenth-century dressers native to these two magnificent Scottish rivers. To be savoured with a good Speyside malt by your side.

Terminal chancer. I needed physio to repair the damage from laughing at the opening chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Terminal chancer. I needed physio to repair the damage from laughing at the opening chapter.
    I know the feeling - absolutely brilliant! I got a copy for Christmas and had to stuff a pillow in my mouth to avoid waking the missus!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12