Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I have far too much gear but I'm looking for a lightweight summer wading jacket. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rotenone View Post
    The older sst jacket the original style was far superior in every way to the modern patagonia fishing jackets, the salt river jacket is pretty good though, I use a patagonia but its not marketed for fishing its called the leashless and I have used it for 3 years heavily without any issues the hood and neck are great its designed for mountain climbing it does not have neoprene cuffs but they do cinch down very tight, plus patagonia have great customer service.
    The one I have is the older one dark green circa 2011 with I picked up new on eBay 2 years ago, Patagonia rio gallegos waders in my experience are a dead loss having gone through six pair in a season, patagonia may be good after care but if you buy from a tackle dealer you have to deal with them under the sale of goods act and it can be a nightmare as was my case. Ive worn goretex waders and jackets since they came out probably 30 years ago, Simms jackets in my experience once they leak usually round neck/shoulders after about 3 years in my case always leak despite repairs. Waders the same. I don't know about early Orvis waders but I think they've cracked it with the welded seams though time will tell. I have loads of patagonia stuff which I am happy with but would avoid their waders like the plague. I am a fan of vision tackle and am not surprised they are getting a good name for clothing though I have no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I have far too much gear but I'm looking for a lightweight summer wading jacket. Any suggestions?
    Orvis sonic tailwaters jacket at 189 on offer may suit, no bellows pockets or D rings may be a drawback but their after sales/returns are second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    The one I have is the older one dark green circa 2011 with I picked up new on eBay 2 years ago, Patagonia rio gallegos waders in my experience are a dead loss having gone through six pair in a season, patagonia may be good after care but if you buy from a tackle dealer you have to deal with them under the sale of goods act and it can be a nightmare as was my case. Ive worn goretex waders and jackets since they came out probably 30 years ago, Simms jackets in my experience once they leak usually round neck/shoulders after about 3 years in my case always leak despite repairs. Waders the same. I don't know about early Orvis waders but I think they've cracked it with the welded seams though time will tell. I have loads of patagonia stuff which I am happy with but would avoid their waders like the plague. I am a fan of vision tackle and am not surprised they are getting a good name for clothing though I have no experience.
    ok I thought you mean the old old sst in bottle green , i have one from the early part of the last decade great jacket still very good ,the orvis waders that leaked were the sonic seams no magic bullet, but what can we expect ? we pay a fortune for a a far eastern product that is re branded with an established fishing tackle companies logo that was originally produced for pennies, most of the time we are just paying for the name these days, I think there is space in the market for a premium wader based on a bomb proof design, lightness is one thing but I would rather have something heavier and reliable, im sure it can be done with materials available now but why would any retailer want to make something that lasts ,not in their interest.
    Last edited by rotenone; 21-07-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    the patagonia one is pretty good, its really light often going cheap as people favor the sst

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234