Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I had a Simms G3. It leaked like a sieve with water bleeding through from a light shower after ONLY 6 months. They refused to replace because I had been wearing ...... a back pack!!!!! A total waste of money, a lot of money.

I've worn a Vision Vector with the same backpack for three years now. Not a drop has come through. They are brilliant jackets, made from the same material as the brilliant Vision Ikon waders.

Get a Vision, buy your self a few rods and days fishing with the change. I wouldn't ever touch a Simms jacket again.

I had the hardy ews wading jacket, its rubbish did not last a season. I now have the G3 jacket and it's worth getting than buying jackets at the 100 twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulmer View Post
    I had the hardy ews wading jacket, its rubbish did not last a season. I now have the G3 jacket and it's worth getting than buying jackets at the 100 twice a year.
    I agree with you on the quality. I had to exchange mine twice due to the inside of the pockets not being stitched properly. I have also had to re-glue various seams and zips. I do however like the fit, and it should be OK for another year.
    With the present dire state of the local rivers I may not be fishing often.

Anyone got the orvis sonic tailwaters jacket I see its reduced to 189 on offer right now, the sonic waders are bombproof I was thinking of taking a punt on the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    Anyone got the orvis sonic tailwaters jacket I see its reduced to 189 on offer right now, the sonic waders are bombproof I was thinking of taking a punt on the jacket.
    I've just taken the punt, reviews seemed good on Orvis site. Here's hoping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Default Has to be simms

Quote Originally Posted by Salarmander View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new 3/4 waterproof jacket and like the look of the Hardy EWS (on offer at 170) or the Scierra Kenai. Would just like to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences of those two jackets before I part with some hard-earned. Also, i see the Stillwater Tay jackets get favourable reviews and seem keenly priced. Are they any good or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Any advice welcome.

Tight lines
    Hello, we have all done all the jackets buddy...save your coin and head straight for SIMMS, my G3 is in its 6th season....bit stinky but beads off the water to this day....G3 and G4 can be expensive but keep looking there are bargains out there....however you will get your hands on a SIMMS pro dry For 195, you might have to pay a little import tax but this will do you for years... a happy fisher is a dry warm fisher....you fish longer and increase your chances...otherwise its hometime after an hour or so....its always cooler by the water or even when your in it lol, defo worth the investment.

the $499 price tag below on the URL is 195 when you go to the link

Cam

SIMMS PRO-DRY DEEPWATER PARKA GORE-TEX(R) JACKET SIZE LARGE "RETAIL $499.95"
    Last edited by Cameron-ckks; 16-07-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: price
    Hidden Content
    Load, Launch, Catch, release.

I think welded seams are the way forward.

Orvis pro guide jacket
    200 and still going strong after 5 years
    Fish up to a 100 days a year and it's never let a drop of water in.
    Re proof every year and to be honest this jacket is still in super condition,no fading or bobbling.
    Best I have had and I have had them all.simms,Patagonia,hardy,vision,etc
    Will be buying from orvis when new waders or jacket are required
    Last edited by longchuck; 17-07-2017 at 07:30 AM.

orvis waders are dreadful i went through 5 pairs in a year and 3 in a week leaking at the seams they replaced them but not the point, no many others the same has happened to, obviously the jackets must be made better I would not too orvis waders with a barge pole

Quote Originally Posted by longchuck View Post
    Orvis pro guide jacket
    200 and still going strong after 5 years
    Fish up to a 100 days a year and it's never let a drop of water in.
    Re proof every year and to be honest this jacket is still in super condition,no fading or bobbling.
    Best I have had and I have had them all.simms,Patagonia,hardy,vision,etc
    Will be buying from orvis when new waders or jacket are required

Another vote for the Simms G3. I have it since three fishing season without any problem. My mate has bought a Scierra last year and his arms are wet after an heavy rain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast