Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  479
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Default Previously unseen footage of Nigel

I was sent this previously unseen footage filmed by a French tourist of ...yes .... Nigel...taking a dip in the Rock Pool last year. Apparently he was frustrated at the lack of fish seen in the pool and decided to go and take a closer look......

https://www.facebook.com/pecanjefish...9366737480027/

Quote Originally Posted by BOND View Post
    I was sent this previously unseen footage filmed by a French tourist of ...yes .... Nigel...taking a dip in the Rock Pool last year. Apparently he was frustrated at the lack of fish seen in the pool and decided to go and take a closer look......

https://www.facebook.com/pecanjefish...9366737480027/
    No wonder they all vacated the Rock pool, not that I am allowed fish it too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshrimp View Post
    No wonder they all vacated the Rock pool, not that I am allowed fish it too often!
    I understood that you never want to fish the Rock Pool because its too easy to get a fish , and that you prefer the Jungle areas of the river or those areas where wild steers run free to modify the river banks at will .
    Last edited by Seamus O'Neill; 16-02-2017 at 12:24 PM.

I do not suppose the fish off Delphi was on it's own and I gather fish seen on the Drowse running through. Lost a kelt? on the Casla last evening, did not manage to land as the new weigh net I got for Christmas too small! Fairly sure it was a kelt, but it took in the run on a size 8 blackshrimp on a floating line and one always has that niggling feeling?
    Water and mild weather, so anything possible! I hope Nigel is getting his drum kit out and I expect to hear the sound of drums out west signalling the arrival of fish!
    As for the Dawros, I am still young enough to get down the Middle river!

Default First Salmon 2017

The first fish of 2017 was landed an hour ago by Geoffrey Fitzjohn from Tullywee Bridge Pool.
    A cracking deep set fish of 8.25lbs sea liced and silver!

I'll try and get photos up of it later... my broadband is dodgy at the moment so when I have full power I will post photos.

Well done Geoffrey, hopefully many more to come.

Hopefully this works.

dsc00009-jpgdsc00012-jpg

Caught on a floating line and a size 8 Dirty Rotten Black Shrimp.
    Last edited by Nigel Rush; 15-03-2017 at 12:49 PM.

That's brilliant Nigel and congratulations Geoffrey. Lovely fish and early as well!
    Bodes well for the season ahead.

Well done Geoffrey!! Great solid fish

Default Second fish of the season.

After nearly two weeks drought, we had torrential rain yesterday morning.
    The river was in beautiful order this morning and the second fish of the season was caught by none other than Geoffrey Fitzjohn on a size 8 Black Shrimp, on a floating line, 10ft Sage XP Rod, 15lb segaur leader and landed with the aid of a McClean Salmon net, whilst wearing pink booties and a cloth cap.
    The fish was landed at Tullywee Bridge Pool on the spring beat of the Upper river.
    dsc00063-jpg
    I also attach a photo of the 3 trees down across Meadow Run, which will be dealt with shortly.
    dsc00066-jpg

Default Now you see them...now you don't!

It's five weeks now without a drop of rain and as you would imagine the water levels are very low. Sadly there are a few sea trout entering which look like they are quite heavily covered in lice.
    Looks like there will not be much rain for another week at least which will leave the river the lowest I've ever seen it...it's not far off that now.
    Still, we have had a chance to get rid of the four trees that were down over the river through the Meadow Run on the Upper River.

dsc00107-jpg

And the finished job.

dsc00110-jpg

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast