+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tidal Itchen salmon and sea trout MAP

Default Tidal Itchen salmon and sea trout MAP

Mark details removed to protect it.

==========================
    I posted the details on fishing for salmon and sea trout in the tidal Itchen as it allows people to have a shot at them even though they will more likely catch bass.

I got a lot of angry emails telling me I shouldn't reveal details of the spot so I removed it.

You can connect with people on the face to face meetup www.flyfishingforum.co.uk and they may tell you in person about this and other sea trout and salmon in the south coast tidal rivers.
    Last edited by stalbans; 03-03-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Default When !

WHen is this fishable (time of year) for Salmon and Sea Trout ?

Thanks for this, any info you can give us would be greatly received. What is the fishing from like the park?
    Last edited by willtrevt; 14-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Default What.......

Removed to protect it..... what guff, moved so the select few can fish it !!!! Big Brother strikes again !!!
    Last edited by jonboymp; 19-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.

it certainly makes sense to protect the fish in the estuary from unnecessary fishing pressure.

the paying rods in the non-tidal river deserve the fish because they pay for the privilege.
    tae use ather thun the fly - yeeeer cheatin yerrr weeselll

Default Rubbish!

If they are in the tidal area they are fair game for everyone. Irrespective of whether they have paid or not. No one has a devine right, not even you campy !
    Last edited by jonboymp; 08-02-2012 at 09:15 PM.

you seem to go from site to site asking people for advice on where to fish, then being unpleasant, namecalling and the like.

I'm not sure what exactly you hope to achieve, calling people "mate" and being alternately obsequious and then unpleasant won't, I expect, win you much in the way of free fishing or friends.

you were given very sound advice by myself on where to fish for sea trout, and repaid my not inconsiderable effort by slagging off the extremely helpful tackle shop and myself, for reasons not entirely clear.

I doubt you'll get anywhere near worthwhile Itchen fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by stalbans View Post
    Mark details removed to protect it.
    I HAD to do the same....with one of our little streams...

Well done.

Cheers;
    Sl
    "the minds of men was made for more than fooling silly fish" The Boke of St.Alban's....but it sure is fun!

Default ?

And you my friend are rude and unpleasant. In fact after our last run in I rec'd several PMs from other gentlemen from this forum who suggested you were in their words A KNOB. You appear to feel that other individuals are not worthy of having their own opinions. I suggest that you refrain from bothering me again sweetcheeks because I find you boring. As for going from site to site and calling people mate, I haven't got a clue what you're waffling on about, have you been at the Sherry?

Regards,

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by compagnito View Post
    you seem to go from site to site asking people for advice on where to fish, then being unpleasant, namecalling and the like.

I'm not sure what exactly you hope to achieve, calling people "mate" and being alternately obsequious and then unpleasant won't, I expect, win you much in the way of free fishing or friends.

you were given very sound advice by myself on where to fish for sea trout, and repaid my not inconsiderable effort by slagging off the extremely helpful tackle shop and myself, for reasons not entirely clear.

I doubt you'll get anywhere near worthwhile Itchen fishing.
    Last edited by jonboymp; 15-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.

presumably you are saying that there are several jonboymps on various fishing forums asking things like

"I'm off to flanborough head this weekend, could you give me the heads up mates?"

I assumed they were one and the same.

as for the rest of your post - whatevaaaaaaar