Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Broken rods

be sure to
    Last edited by compagnito; 25-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Default Greys G Tec 14' 9# Tip Section

Managed to snap the tip section about 10" from the tip ring - anyone got a spare tip section - Greys have none left - would rather get this rod going again if I could.

Thanks Beel

I found a section of a rod , last year , on the river bank .
    It hasn't been claimed by any one .
    It's the 3 rd section of a 15' rod rated # 10/11
    I don't know what type of rod it is from , but there is a little gold spot with the writing above on it, the section has a brown colour with maroon whippings.

Quote Originally Posted by TORRISHPALE View Post
    I have the Handle and top two sections. Either looking for a home or a replacement for the broken section.
    i sent you a Pm yesterday about this rod sections for spares, i must be psychic i broke the butt section of my rod today. only bought it last week so hoping you can help Sage Iv 4 piece 15.1 inch
    Last edited by salmonshrimp; 09-09-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Hi does anyone have a top section for a 10'#7 Hardy Elite?

Fingers crossed!

Richard

does anyone have a tip section for a greys grxi 10 foot four piece severn weight rod at all i,love this rod but they dont make it anymore thanks

Unhappy Greys GRXi+ 14foot #9 3rd section

Had the misfortune this evening to break 3rd section of this rod due to a clumsy accident. Its my go-to high water rod and will be sorely missed. Is there any way to get replacement section or have this repaired ?

Default Greys

Quote Originally Posted by Beel View Post
    Managed to snap the tip section about 10" from the tip ring - anyone got a spare tip section - Greys have none left - would rather get this rod going again if I could.

Thanks Beel

funny cos ive broke three tips on three greys rods,one was fishing for black bass on the ebro,the other two were here in the uk salmon fishing,the last one to go was last year a 14 foot fibertube (carbon) broke at the top section (spigot) i bought the blank from house of hardy and its really old stock,so no spare tips as they ain't been made for yrs,my question is this; how do i get the middle insert,broken spigot form middle section,i know if it were a fiber glass rod i could heat it up,even with a quick flame,but how do i extract from carbon so i can replace the spigot,its a really nice rod to use....
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Default Daiwa Whisker 98 spin/bait 12' (3 piece)

Absolutely gutted - got the rod out to replace a ring and the top section went all floppy - must have been a bump at some time that finally gave up. This rod was/is like a member of the family to me and, for those times I get the spinners out, the world just won't be the same without it :-(

A very long shot: does anyone have a spare tip section that they would be willing to part with? Or, perhaps, the name of a good counselor?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516