+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: River Endrick.

Default River Endrick.

Hi,

Looking to get into fishing again after a few year's away from it.Could any body shed any light into fishing boundary's of the Bilsland stretch at Croftamie.

I have found a old day ticket permit from a few year's ago.On the permit it has no map,but it say's Endrick at Spittal,Blane Water,Catter Burn,Drymen Showfield,Finnich Blair.

I had given them a call, but the young girl on the other end was not so sure.
    In my digging around i spoke to a Mr Young at Killearn home farm,who owns the fishing on most of the Blane.

But he said that he has banned fishing on his stretch for over ten year's.He was not to sure what stretch was owned by the Bilsland farm.

I had a look at a few map's and see Finnich Blair which is close the Bilsland farm,could it be the whole section until it meet's the Blane.

Any idea's.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=il

Im not 100% allan but pretty sure you're talking about the stretch at Croftamie, see map above, you drive down the lane at the Bilsland Gas depot and park at the farm for permits.

The upper range seemed to be the burn above the pipe that crosses the river and the lower limit was the bend before the first house on the same side of the river although if the burn was low enough to cross, I've walked up river for a few casts before.

You don't see many fish in this stretch at all now although I've had a few decent sea trout and 1 salmon about 2 years ago.

They have the blane above the bridge
    then the endrick starts if u walk from the junction
    of the blane with endrick the corner of feild wer
    fence is is wer it starts then alway down to showgrnud

i always thought from the right as u walk down from bilslands was mcqueens farm up to the junction pool ???

Thanks for all the reply's.

I have done a bit more searching and found a number for Finnich Blair Farm,gave them a call and i think i got transfered through to Bilsland.

I spoke to a lady who seemed to know a bit about the fishing's.They have taken over the Finnich Blair section of the river,which i believe was also called the Mcqueen's Farm.

So from what i gather the fishing is,if you are at the viaduct,downstream to the large bend before the White House at Drymen Bridge.And then downstream from the Drymen Bridge for a section.below that.

Then upstream from the viaduct the fishing's run up for a bit,not sure where they stop above.But the lady said that it is well sign posted.

Also they have a small section of the Blane just by the old Killearn Hospital.

I also remember that you could get day ticket's for the small section,at Drymen Bridge.But i am sure the last time i passed that house it was all boarded up.

Thanks again for you help.

Quote Originally Posted by allan2414 View Post
    Hi,

Looking to get into fishing again after a few year's away from it.Could any body shed any light into fishing boundary's of the Bilsland stretch at Croftamie.

I have found a old day ticket permit from a few year's ago.On the permit it has no map,but it say's Endrick at Spittal,Blane Water,Catter Burn,Drymen Showfield,Finnich Blair.

I had given them a call, but the young girl on the other end was not so sure.
    In my digging around i spoke to a Mr Young at Killearn home farm,who owns the fishing on most of the Blane.

But he said that he has banned fishing on his stretch for over ten year's.He was not to sure what stretch was owned by the Bilsland farm.

I had a look at a few map's and see Finnich Blair which is close the Bilsland farm,could it be the whole section until it meet's the Blane.

Any idea's.
    Hi Allan,

You can also get a day ticket for the stretch above the Potts of Gartness. Can get permit from the cottage next to the Potts. Its only a few minutes by car from Croftamie.

hoping to get upto the endrick next week for some brownie fishing anyone recommend any flies for it?

Kendo
    Tell the World there is an Invisible Man in the Sky who created the Universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet...and they have to touch it to be sure

I quite fancied a spot of brownie fishing myself lol Ive fished it a couple of times and caught a few wee ones but if anyone could provide me with information of where best to fish for them. Ive got the big ticket so areas shouldnt be a problem.
    Take a camera , No a priest!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegareth View Post
    I quite fancied a spot of brownie fishing myself lol Ive fished it a couple of times and caught a few wee ones but if anyone could provide me with information of where best to fish for them. Ive got the big ticket so areas shouldnt be a problem.
    I've only ever caught wee ones aswel at bisland and at potts have no idea where the best bits are as its just a day tickets the river is limited if you want big brownies get down to the clyde lol

Kendo
    Tell the World there is an Invisible Man in the Sky who created the Universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet...and they have to touch it to be sure

Yeah ive been fishing on the clyde at a few times its a cracking water but its just too far away. Ive got a picture of 7 trout at the tail end of the deep pool near the bridge, most of them about 2lb and one was an easy 5 or 6 lb. Im guessing the brown trout will be pretty well spread around the endrick so my ticket will cover me most places lol just need to look haha.
    Take a camera , No a priest!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast