Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default The Glorious 12th

Good shooting to all those fortunate enough to kick off their 2017 shooting season today
    If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong

Reporting Scotland reported last night that some shoots will not be shooting this year due to low grouse numbers.
    This year's weather has not been good and grouse numbers are way down in some areas
    Still good luck to any guns getting a shot today

Quote Originally Posted by longchuck View Post
    Reporting Scotland reported last night that some shoots will not be shooting this year due to low grouse numbers.
    This year's weather has not been good and grouse numbers are way down in some areas
    Still good luck to any guns getting a shot today
    I think in England it's the opposite. Huge numbers in parts of Northumberland and Co. Durham I'm told. Sadly I won't be there to see it until October but good luck to all those out today.

Well I am pleased to add that today was very successful, alot of birds on every drive - even better, a few brace just packed into the car, heading north tomorrow for dinner on monday evening, a taste for everyone who is sharing the week fishing with me.
    Fingers crossed that the weeks fishing in Scotland is as successful as a days shooting in Yorkshire was today
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

I was out walking with the dog this morning and could hear a lot of shots going off the other side of the valley so sounds like there was a good few birds around. I'm looking forward to getting out with the dog and guns again in October. Must admit I enjoy beating as much as the fishing now can't wait!!! If you were out round the Ribble valley it sounded like a good morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I think in England it's the opposite. Huge numbers in parts of Northumberland and Co. Durham I'm told. Sadly I won't be there to see it until October but good luck to all those out today.
    plenty where I was yesterday in northumberland. rather soggy start to the season with water running out of my britches a***. dogs worked well and the crack was good-even saw a buzzard, along with deer, a leveret song birds and swathes of purple heather. best bit for me? other than the shooting party was the silence and the complete lack of humans or houses-just amazing to be out. worst part? too many bloody sheep grazing the heather any way 2 brace of birds hanging in the outhouse-looking forward to having them pan fried in butter with some bramble jelly and a drop of wine.

The moor where I was on Saturday was in a very very good state, alot of grouse about! Excellent to see!