Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New hardy shooting heads

I have seen hardy will be bringing out new salmon shooting heads in september , 2D type & 3D .

More of a dilemma of what will be the best .

Pricing will be interesting although i think most are in the same price bracket now.

Gaelforce will still be the best so no need to bother with the Hardy lines .

Quote Originally Posted by Minty Fisher View Post
    Gaelforce will still be the best so no need to bother with the Hardy lines .
    Think you will find that accolade goes to Salmologic heads there is nothing to touch them

Quote Originally Posted by rm100 View Post
    I have seen hardy will be bringing out new salmon shooting heads in september , 2D type & 3D .

More of a dilemma of what will be the best .

Pricing will be interesting although i think most are in the same price bracket now.
    Are they designed by frodin hardy needed and injection of ideas in their salmon lines imho
    Last edited by rotenone; 15-07-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post
    Think you will find that accolade goes to Salmologic heads there is nothing to touch them
    In what regard Bankwheel? they are good lines I own many, but on a large river casting long distances there are better lines, it was a mistake not to follow up on the zpey extemded heads imho, and I know many anglers who feel the same, might be something you could pass on,there is a reason guideline continue to make heads over 13 metres they are still used my many people on longer rods I personally can cast much farther with l less effort with longer heads, some lies can only be reached with such lines.

[QUOTE=bankwheel;990060]Think you will find that accolade goes to Salmologic heads there is nothing to touch them[/QUOTE

I dont think somehow that Henrick Mortison is in quite the same league as James Chalmers at Gaelforce .

There is a massive gulf in their spey casting knowledge and ability .

Not only are the Gaelforce Speylines top of their class their heads are as well .

I dont recall hearing much spoken of Salmologic at the recent Speyorama ..........

It was all Bruce n Walker and .............Gaelforce

Most of my gear is Hardy with the exception of fly lines.
    Imho they are well behind both gaelforce & rio and would not bother even trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post

I have recently watched boys locally that are using salmologic heads. They were trying to cover loads of water with a head that was far too short for purpose and ultimately they failed to get their fly to turn over at distance.

Horses for courses I suppose, but they are no silver bullet imho.

I have said it before they are good general fishing lines salmologic, but they are no magic bullet, trying putting a 2 inch snaelda on the end with two tungsten cones and making casts of 35 to 40 yards consistently with a salmologic head and you will see the short fall in performance , thats what I needed to do recently in russia to cover the lies on a flooded river to have any chance of catching you need a heavier head in the 12 to 15 metres range, or a skagit head for making such fishing easy with economy of effort.

As well as the Gaelforce heads, Nextcast heads from the States are also very good imho.
    As others have said, different lines will perform better in certain situations.
    It will be interesting to see what the new Hardy heads are like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast